Any ideas for Wario Land remakes?

The 3rd Wario Brother

Worlds greatest treasure hunter.
Diamond City Insider
The thread's title is self explanatory.

You know how each WL game comes in pairs? SML3WL and VB WL. WL3 and WL3. WL4 and WLTSD. well how about 3 volume HD remakes for the series
volume 1 will have SML3WL and VBWL, etc.
pre order now and get all 3 volumes bundled together. The games will be the same but reworked from the ground up with new graphics and any minor tweaks they can fix, something akin to Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World.

It would be great if they actually did remake VB WL1 to go along with it. Considering it's the only WL game many people haven't experienced. In similar fashion to DKC games to the DKL games it's also like a separate game itself, plus we wouldn't have to worry about the black and red coloring on a remake version.

However I don't really see WL3 and WL4 needing a remake, compared to the early WL games the later two in the entry didn't seem like they need anything to change. The music and graphics were superb especially for it's time. Yet having half of the WL games being remakes and the other half not would feel very rushed so it wouldn't be a good idea.

Alternatively they could bundle like SML2,WLVB, WL(GB), WL2 all remade in a bundle much like Super Mario All-Stars.

Virtual Boy Wario Land is an unfortunate missed 3Ds eShop opportunity. Perhaps it could even have been bundled with another early Wario Land game, in case players were hesitant about making a purchase just for VBWL. It's a real shame that the overal attitude is that a game is only as great as the system. Virtual Boy Wario Land is fantastic. The game's movement is so satisfying, a wide variation of enemies with great looking sprites. There are only 10 levels not counting bosses, but like Wario Land 4 most levels are incredibly vast with multiple possible paths. There's a sense of ascending climax as you progress through the game, which is alike to how you're literally mining your way back up above ground. Each level feels like a difficult exam on everything you've encountered earlier, while still adding something new each time.

And the level before the final boss is among the best levels I have ever player in any Nintendo game. Plus the final boss is freakishly whack.

I would love to play Wario Land Virtual Boy!
I am surprised that Nintendo didn't release Virtual Boy games for the 3DS... You would think that it would work perfectly.
Well, it's probably because there's only one actually good Virtual Boy game. The others probably wouldn't get sold, and I think they don't think it's worth programming an emulator for just one game.

The screen resolution of the Virtual Boy almost matches that of the original 3DS' top screen: 384 × 224 and 400 × 240 respectively. Virtual Boy games would have looked perfect on it.

Well, it's probably because there's only one actually good Virtual Boy game. The others probably wouldn't get sold, and I think they don't think it's worth programming an emulator for just one game.
That's very plausible. Even while being a big fan of the Virtual Boy, I can't see myself purchasing much other than VBWL.

Reactions: 607
A remastered version of VB Wario Land would be great, It'd also be somewhat of a heartwarming memory to Yokoi. Yes, The Virtual Boy was a flop but I remember seeing somebody mocking him and Iwata out of poor taste saying they deserved to never make a system again after the VB and Wii U respectively. - Like are you kidding me? If there was any reason to play a Virtual Boy, it was Wario. It's usually regaurded as being better than it's predecessor on the GameBoy from what I recall.

But I don't have too high hopes considering Nintendo was too lazy to consider even put Wario as an unlockable for the mediocre NSMB2, which would have improved it considering how much fun he is to use still in the Mario-Escue gameplay of the first 2 Wario Land games, Seriously: There was NO excuse for Wario to not be in that game. :V

A remastered version of VB Wario Land would be great, It'd also be somewhat of a heartwarming memory to Yokoi.
But I don't have too high hopes considering Nintendo was too lazy to consider even put Wario as an unlockable for the mediocre NSMB2, which would have improved it considering how much fun he is to use still in the Mario-Escue gameplay of the first 2 Wario Land games, Seriously: There was NO excuse for Wario to not be in that game. :V
But is Wario a "Super Mario Brother"? Probably not.

Though you're right, he could have been a New Super Mario Brother lol.

Back