Votes: 5 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • WHY THE FUCK DO YOU EVEN CARE?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Just a Wario Fan

The ίςε cream aficionado
I have spent a great portion of my time online with watching weird and funny video's and many of them are related to memes. For those who don't know: memes are things people create and share online with others and have a comical purpose. Some of the memes I came across were All Stars parodies, Shooting Stars and let's not forget We are number One.

So obviously I'm really into memes -especially music related ones- and I like many of them, but how funny they actually are depends for a great part on the creativity of the creator of meme material. And there are some really creative minds out there, I can say:

These videos and many more brought me many moments of fun and laughter.:)

Last edited:
c5b.jpg

I like memes honestly. Hell I think Memes tend to get too much of a bad rep these days due to their association with 4Chan and the fact that companies are forcing it down everyone's throats these days, but in reality, memes are just like every other piece of humor around.
Do it right and it can either be really funny or really creative.
But do it wrong and it can be either be unfunny, forced, lazy or facepalmingly bad.
And it's been done both ways many times.

Last edited:
Depends on said meme, if its "i'm gay" then its funny because i'm in on the joke, i get it i was there when people first saw it but if its "damn daniel" then i don't get, there's no context i have for it and by the time i saw it the meaning was gone and so its unfunny.

I mostly hate memes. There are a couple I find worth a chuckle but most I find just plain stupid. I'm a pretty forward thinking person so most memes I find too transient to be worth looking at and so I especially hate it when they show up in a more permanent medium.

Depends on the meme. Some can be hilarious, some can be meh, and some...I find outright disrespectful and/or too harsh for their own good.

Not helped by the fact that a lot of shows try to use them in a pitiful attempt to be "hip" and "in with the cool crowd." That rarely works as intended, and while in a good show, they could be ignored, a bad show relies on them and winds up being dated.

They don't seem to get that even if it was "cool" at the time they wrote it, by the time production ends, it could wind up being dated and stale.

So yeah, really depends on the meme.

I mostly hate them, their like inside jokes, people act like theyre in "the club" with them, and they become repeated so much that they become annoying. Sometimes it can lead to funny trends, like I really got into the Bee Movie memes. I always thought that was the weirdest freaking thing to make a movie out of, and just one of the weirdet films ever made, and I loved all the creative stuff people did with the film : p

I guess I can appreciate memes when it leads to people doing neat and creative things. But when its just a joke being repeated over and over, it becomes lame. Like, for example, remember when you were a kid, and another kid asked you to spell "I Cup"? Like yeah that was clever the very first time you heard it, but did you really enjoy it the 5th or 6th time you heard it? And the way people act like their in the cool crowd because they know that lame old joke, its really super freaking lame : p

So, if its something that leads to creative things then sure I can enjoy it. But when its just people all saying the same joke over and over, I hate that.

Except Darude- Sandstorm, but I love it when people mislead others who are looking for something. I dunno why : p

The very thing I hate most about memes is when the culture completely permeates something or somebody, to the point where they become synonymous with the word. A living meme. And anything they've done or achieved as an artist/professional is overshadowed by obsessive childishness on the internet.

Memes tend to suck the value or dignity out of whatever they victimise, I find. But I'd be lying if I said a few hadn't made me chuckle.

Not particularly, memes are essentially jokes with timers on them.

They start out kinda funny but the more that I see it reposted with little tweaks and variants, the less funny it feels.

Here's an example of a meme I could get some brief enjoyment from. I never search them out willingly, but if they pop up in an image search they may provide me with a quick giggle and a smile....

8571634.jpg

Last edited:
Back