Favorite "sad" music (read OP plz)

ah yes time to be emo

The first half of this song is just instrumental but it's a really beautiful song altogether. Both the melody and lyrics give it a feeling of melancholy. I like sad music because of its ability to provoke your innermost feels and it's just more meaningful than happy/upbeat music. I don't think a song needs both a sad melody and sad lyrics in order to be considered sad, though. Like, a rock song with depressing lyrics, for example, would be considered sad to me.

I listened up to three minutes of that song, and it was interesting. Like, I can totally see why it would cause such feelings into someone and all, but it didnt really do that to me : p Like it kinda caused some inspiring feelings to like go out and explore with me, actually : p That kinda music, like the big, slurred long winded strings stuff like that, it always makes me feel like something new and amazing is coming, kinda like a cinematic thing : p

Its interesting to see what people see as "sad" though. I often read people saying that sad lyrics can make a song sad, when while I might agree that it has a sad story, the song cant be sad unless the melody actually causes those feelings in you, meaning that I cant say that an upbeat poppy melody can ever be sad : p

I seem to think that more minimal, bare means and low tone, sleepy melodies are the things that make a song sad. People dont always agree with me that songs I feel are sad are sad songs. Theyll often say "I think its pretty but not sad". But I kinda think songs with a void in them provoke such feelings.

now I'm just determined to find a song that you'll agree is sad :b maybe one day

and yeah that's understandable, I can see why you'd think it's a sad song, though to me it felt a bit more calming than sad

I really love this song, even though it makes me very emotional at times. The melody is super catchy and really helps me think when I want to get myself to work.
The title literally translates to "Kill me". It's about a man facing issues over a relationship that didn't work out. In the song, he requests that his lover (his ex?) kills him by poisoning his coffee, and then kill herself by drinking from the same poisoned cup. He also suggests to be killed by a dagger, then wanting the woman to kill herself.
Tonight this crazy thought occurs to me,
don't think about it, just kill me
And with the same dagger
rip away your life too, woman
resurrection in another century, another life
we'll revive yesterday's love
poison my cafe then
drink from the cup, go on and kill me ...

My little brother listened to their album Hybrid Theory or whatever it was called every afternoon when we were growing up, and I hated having to listen to them everyday, haha.
They are definitely cheesy, haha. Not that theres anything wrong with being cheesy : p

Im completely in love with this sad song here, but sadly you have to fast foward to 2:30 to hear the pretty emotional half of the song.

This one song, because it sounds pretty depressing to me, and I used to listen it when I felt sad.
Also, I associate this song with A Series of Unfortunate Events for some reason. Huh?:

And this beautiful remix of I'm Blue. I don't know if it was made to be sad, but it certainly has a melancholic tune to it.

Yeah I know I posted these earlier in the ¨What music are you listening¨ thread, but I feel they are better off here.

Oh, I actually really like that song by Crash Test Dummies : p I totally grew up with that song, had it on CD and everything, haha.

And haha, thats a weird thing to associate it with : p I have just recently found out about the story through the tv show on Netflix, so I think of like really theatrical music when I think of that story : p

And this beautiful remix of I'm Blue. I don't know if it was made to be sad, but it certainly has a melancholic tune to it.

Maybe this is just personal experience but I've never seen I'm blue as a sad song perhaps aside from the title but it definitely sounded moody at times especially the vocals.
Still it's one of the best party songs ever it should have been a DDR song as well. I'm blue daba dee daba die, catchy beyond belief.

Gotta bring up the vocals too.

That makes me think.....@BlueJackG, what inspired the name for Blue? I mean other than the fact shes blue : p Was it just because you liked the color?

Back