Obscure WarioWare Snapped! feature uncovered

Glowsquid

Mental midget
Diamond City Leader
The Japanese version of WarioWare Snapped! has compatibility with the obscure, Japan-only DSi game Atsumeru Egaocho (name translates to something like "Smile Collecting Book"), which had some WarioWare staff involved. If Snapped detects you have a save for that game, some graphics will be replaced. This was found by Skyevlyn on the Mariowiki discord.

The deetz:

1. Hi, I know nothing about wiki editing and as such didn't want to go about editing the page out of nowhere, but I have some previously undocumented info that I would like other people to know about. There's a Nintendo made DSiWare game called Atsumeru Egaocho and on its website あつめる笑顔帳 I saw it mentioned that it altered content in WarioWare Snapped if you hade an Egaocho save file. I couldn't find any info on this but my 3DS doesn't have enough room for both games without SD card shenanigans so I left it be until I mentioned it to a friend who checked it out for me. He wrote the following report on the changes (modifié)

2. "Okay so I played Snapped entirely in English and Japanese w/ Atsumeru Egaocho installed, and the compatibility seems to be that Snapped will take the latest photo you took in Atsumeru Egaocho and insert them into certain minigames:>In the Wario coin minigame, the generic coins are replaced with tokens with your face on them.>The Jimmy T ring minigame is instead replaced with a minigame where rather than holding your fingers out to put a ring on your finger, you have to insert your fingers into the nostrils of a disembodied nose. After doing so, several small pictures of your face will spew from the nose.>In the Jimmy T blowing minigame, your face will appear above the victim after you've successfully blown his cloak off.>In the Kat & Ana "cheek to cheek" minigame, the animals you must bring together are replaced with two of the same photo of your face>In the Kat & Ana pixel clearing minigame, your face briefly appears after the minigame is beaten>Your face appears as a bonus item during the Credits minigameStuff might be missed or wrong due to regional differences and RNG. I did notice one time that when I had to replay the Kat & Ana minigames due to a facial recognition failure, that the "cheek to cheek" minigame reappeared, but didn't feature a photo of my face as it had before."

Oh wow this is really interesting! Is there any footage of what happens here? Because it seems like something I may wish to either write about or make a video about...

Back