So... 'Talking' Mario...?

So back to the topic at hand,
I'd love to see Mario talk a bit more. I mean I loved the gibberish talk in Mario & Luigi, for example! No I could go further and say I love the short lines in the Mario Advance series, like "Lucky!" or "Thank you very much!".
So yes, I can see Mario speak a bit more, no need to narrate any story, but I can see charming dialogue.

Mario's voice is not annoying, the main issue is that he only shouts, and that's why he can sound a bit annoying. Mario's voice is nice for speach, actually! Fun and friendy!

Actually when Mario is talking naturally and not shouting every sentence, it actually doesn't sound too bad.

Thinking about it again, I would prefer it now especially since Martinet doesn't really sound good anymore when he shouts in his Mario voice.

his legs don't even fit in the karts.
Neither do Waluigi's. :STongue3:
hqdefault.jpg

Yeah but it's in Waluigi's character to be odd and awkward. Not Link's. What exactly are you trying to argue unless you just want to turn every point I make against me?

So back to the topic at hand,

Actually when Mario is talking naturally and not shouting every sentence, it actually doesn't sound too bad.

That's exaclty why it would be a great idea to make him talk! :D

Thinking about it again, I would prefer it now especially since Martinet doesn't really sound good anymore when he shouts in his Mario voice.

Sadly, he sounds like he's forcing it a bit. Charles, be natural, don't force it! :)

It sounded fine in the 64/GCN era, but yeah it definitely sounds forced nowadays.
But then again, everyone needs to stop shouting in the Mario games because Mario is not the only one who does it. Seriously it's amazing how better they can sound if they weren't shouting all the time.
For a notable example.

I don't know if Nintendo is making them do it or if it's the actors trying to be energetic or whatever, but either way, they need to take the shouting down a notch. Because its one of the reasons why the Mario cast beyond Charles is not looked upon that greatly these days.

This is old but I feel the need to respond after this has been up for such a long time. I made this as at the time I was fearing of Mario (mostly in the main games) becoming a stale protagonist... The best I can sum up my feelings is the ones in this video.

The fact voice clips were being reused quite often was what made me fear moreso than anything. ((the NSMB games especially... Uggggh.)) It felt less and less like he was being interactive with characters and even just enviroments in general.
Thankfully, I am looking up to things with Mario Odyssey, Which they seem to be going the route of Pac-Man from the Pac-Man World games with such expressions.
l84ilXM.png
NAKNfe9.png
LbScIdv.png

Back