So what is Wario's origin anyway?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
As in, his in universe one?

Because there have been a few random attempts to explain it. The common theory has him being a childhood friend of Mario that got bullied by him, and that explains some aspects. But where did he come from before that? Who are Wario's parents? Where did he grow up? Was he born in or outside of the Mushroom Kingdom?

Yoshi's Island DS has him as a baby, but he's literally just left on a raft in the middle of a river in the ending. Where does he go then?

And well, this is pretty much confirmed non canon now, even if it would be funny if Dr Light created him as a bad clone of Mario:

SM_Die_Verwandlung_page_3_panel_6.png

So what's the real story here?

He can't be created by some experiment, because he was a baby when Mario was a baby as well. So he is around the same age as Mario.
About his parents, only his mother is ever referenced.

He came from hell after all the German comic clearly states he's into demonic possession just ask Baphomet.

I'm still sceptic towards Yoshi's Isnald DS's "origin story".
After all, that was the same company that disrespectfully retconned the ending of the first Yoshi's Island. :S3:

• Agree
Reactions: Rei
I have a false childhood memory of reading that he was Mario's cousin in the SML2 manual back in the day, but since I've never heard that mentioned anywhere else, I guess he's just a guy who grew up in the Mushroom Kingdom and happened to resemble a less appealing version of its biggest hero.

I have a false childhood memory of reading that he was Mario's cousin in the SML2 manual back in the day, but since I've never heard that mentioned anywhere else, I guess he's just a guy who grew up in the Mushroom Kingdom and happened to resemble a less appealing version of its biggest hero.

Quite a few people believe Wario is Mario's cousin. Guess you must have got the memory online or something, since it seems like it'd be common in fan fiction.

Besides of the information given from the comics/games, I always believed that Wario was kind of a "supersoldier"-like creation created by Bowser's minions so they could destroy Mario once for all.

Besides of the information given from the comics/games, I always believed that Wario was kind of a "supersoldier"-like creation created by Bowser's minions so they could destroy Mario once for all.
He secretly has a metal arm, and is actually in cryogenic stasis most of the time except when being woken up to assassinate people.

(Someone needs to draw this now)

Quite a few people believe Wario is Mario's cousin. Guess you must have got the memory online or something, since it seems like it'd be common in fan fiction.
I "think" Nintendo has somewhat confirmed this but I can't be too sure, I only say "think" as this is as I remember TVTropes and other sources claiming it was stated to be the official backstory of the character but I don't know where else I could find the information.

Back