The japanese Mario Kart 64 voices

warelander

Some random guy online
Luigi,Peach,Toad and Wario actually had different voice actors, in the japanese version. Their clips would go on to be reused in Mario Kart Super Circuit and rerecorted in the first two Mario Partys.
Here is a video comparing the international and japanese clips:

Luigi: I have a certain fondness for this voice, because of Mario Party 2 nostalgia, but Martinet is clearly superior.
Peach: Christ is that grating (the japanese voice)!
Toad: Adorable <3 and once again Mario Party nostalgia, thought the international one is great too.
Wario: o_O What the hell happened here?!
He sounds normal in Mario Party so what's with the demon Voice? Martinet on the other hand is really great (as usual).

Your thoughts?

Wow, those Japanese versions are really weird o_O
I do recognise one of Peach's and one of Toad's voices from Mario Kart Super Circuit though.

Luigi's Japanese voice sounds like Mickey Mouse trying to be Itialin...which may have actually happened. Don't quite me on that, but he's had enough cartoons that I'd be surprised if it didn't.

And Wario...what? I suppose my problem is that it's different, since it's not bad taken on its own merits.

Here's some more voice clips.
This is from the Japanese version of Mario Party 1 which as warelander pointed out reuses most of the Japanese Mario Kart 64 voice clips.

It's no surprise that these were cut from the western release.

Back