Wario Weekly, what I plan to include on it...

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
As you know, I'm currently also launching a main website to go with these forums, which will cover the entire Wario series on a news, articles and information level. It'll be called Wario Weekly, and you can see what I have so far here:

http://warioweekly.com/

(I've told Google not to index it yet, so it's not going to be easy to find until it launches).

But what do I plan to include on the site? This stuff:

Basic information on the games. Nothing will be too detailed (because wikis like Mario Wiki take care of that at the moment), but just some overview info to pad out the site a bit.

Maps of the games. These will be ripped directly from the games. I've gotten Peardian's permission to use his Wario Land 4 maps from VG Maps here, and will get some permission for the maps of the Wario Land games too.

Game tilesets/graphics. I know, odd choice. But I've been ripping Wario stuff for various fan games and game mods for a while now, and I thought people might find the stuff useful. Like say, foregrounds and backgrounds from every Wario level in a form ready to slot right into Super Mario World, Super Mario Bros X or Game Maker. Also includes a great big pack of Wario Land 4 backgrounds I got from somewhere.

Music. Because while certain songs (*cough* Ashley's Song *cough) are easy to find, others aren't so simple to get hold of. In MP3 format of course.

Articles and features. How does Diamond City work? What's so and so character like? What should be in a sequel to Wario Land Shake It or WarioWare DIY? That sort of stuff will be commonplace, because reviews are likely to be thin on the ground.

Fan works based on the series. Especially rarer ones like fan games and ROM hacks, of which I can name, maybe less than ten of total.

So yeah, any objections to any of these ideas?

Sounds interesting. You could say the content would be on the site for DIY (fangame or WW:DIY) inspiration. And what game website would be complete without news?

Sounds interesting. You could say the content would be on the site for DIY (fangame or WW:DIY) inspiration. And what game website would be complete without news?

No website would be, although there'd be far less of it given how rarely we tend to get new Wario games (about once every few years seems to be the rule).

Something I'd like to see (which I haven't seen anywhere else yet) are sound effects and voice clips from the Wario games. (I really could've used that in my promo video)
I've seen SOME sfx but they usually have other background noises mixed into them and are pretty low quality.
Unfortunately I have no idea how to properly rip any myself...

Back