WarioWare portal page (now in English!)

Glowsquid

Mental midget
Diamond City Leader
Nintendo's Japanese website has been updated with a spiffy portal page for the WarioWare series. It has a retrospective, pages for Mona / Jimmy T / Ashley / Red / Dr.Crygor / Mike / Penny, Wario saying his favourite movie is the non-existent Wario movie, an employee contact form and a bunch of other shit I have no clue about because I can't read Japanese.

The announcement mentions updates are planned including a fart button, so, there's that.

I like how the website confirms that Jimmy T. is Wario's childhood friend. I knew Dr. Crygor invented Wario's car, but I never knew he built a lot of stuff for the other WarioWare characters. Also, Wario hates the letter "M" lol.
AFamGSx.png
OUDJ50h.png
wXOKZmH.png

It's a good website, and I love all the little jokes and references there.

Though it does make me wonder something... how do they translate these sites to English? Do they get the team at Nintendo Treehouse/their localisation teams to do it, or do they have the Japanese side of the company use some sort of universe bible to get the relevant translations and character names?

Cause these pages are always super consistent with the English versions of the games content wise, so it makes me curious.

I adore this! It adds so much personality and is a great introduction to the game, i just wish we had more sites like this these days...

god, it’s such a good treat for warioware fans, i’ve never expected that they would do a full-fledged warioware portal page full of all the characters’s bio, and even info about the company lore in sone way (like how it mentions the fact that because of some “wario misadventures” the company became insolvent, and that was when there was the hiatus between game & wario and warioware gold) it’s such a fun read!

I only just now saw its update yesterday. Holy hell, is the entire site gold. It makes me remember why I fell in love with the franchise: the cooky characters paired with the awesome gameplay!! Why can't all Mario characters have this much personality? Just another reason why the Wario franchise is the best, between these games and the fun Wario Land platformers!

Captura de pantalla 2024-04-21 a la(s) 5.37.38 p. m..png

Back