Why is Mona in love with Wario?

Man, I wish the characters would interact more in general. Orbulon was in Ashley's story in Touched and Mona and 9-Volt were visiting Dr. Crygor in the intro of Twisted but I wish they really did... more than that. Especially with Wario. All the characters are supposed to be Wario's friends, right? Then why don't we ever see them interact? The way friends do.
Like.... I wish there was a game that showed how Wario met all of his freinds and made each encounter into its own little story.

The official Japanese site for Smooth Moves has an in-universe blog where the characters talk to each other in the comments and shit. It's pretty fun.

I'd like to see Wario interact with his harem more.

Relationships slow a man like Wario down.

As simple as it may be, the relationship between characters is quite logical, as shown in the first WarioWare game. Simple but brings them together. They're part of WarioWare, Inc. after all, they should at least have some funny moments.

I mean, the best way to build a character is by making it interact with other ones...

As simple as it may be, the relationship between characters is quite logical, as shown in the first WarioWare game. Simple but brings them together. They're part of WarioWare, Inc. after all, they should at least have some funny moments.

I mean, the best way to build a character is by making it interact with other ones...

I was talking about romantic relationships, in case if you knew (?).
But I agree.

You know, something intresting about this "Crush" is that it seems to have only really existed
in the first game, every game after that has hardly brought it up again. so there's certainly the possibility
That after the end of Mega Mircogames, Mona realized the truth about Wario & his true motivations (His greediness)
& thus ends up losing her admiration for him. bascially This
(Of course i never played MPG, Twisted, D.I.Y, or G&W so i don't really know if they brought up the relationship in those game's so feel free to correct me if they do.)

Last edited:
You know, something intresting about this "Relationship" is that it only really existed
in the first game, every game after that has never brought it up again. so it could be possible
That after the end of Mega Mircogames, Mona realized the truth about Wario & his true motivations (His greediness)
& thus ends up losing her admiration for him. bascially This
(Of course i never played MPG, Twisted, D.I.Y, or G&W so i don't really know if they brought up the relationship in those game's so feel free to correct me if they do.)

Not that I can recall. Various promotional pieces and website fluff continue to mention it. Judging by other "relationships" in Mario games, I wouldn't expect to see it get much more in-depth.

I like it though. It was a risky move giving Wario anything resembling a "love interest" but I feel Mona is a great character and compliments him well.
Wario Mona gif.gif

Not that I can recall. Various promotional pieces and website fluff continue to mention it. Judging by other "relationships" in Mario games, I wouldn't expect to see it get much more in-depth.

I like it though. It was a risky move giving Wario anything resembling a "love interest" but I feel Mona is a great character and compliments him well.
View attachment 3026
That's nice at least. *Blushes*
& I definitely agree with the statements about Mona, Mona is my overall second favorite Warioware character just slightly behind Dr Crygor. & she is my most wanted Warioware rep for the Mario series, It just makes the most sense in my opinion. (Though Ashley would admittedly be the most realistic due to her overall popularity.)

Oh & about this.
Mona's personality changed through the series, she was a badass sexy girl, and now she's more cute and anime-like.
In WarioWare, Inc. for GBA and GC, her profile states that she like bad guys with bikes, fitting Wario's definition perfectly at the time. But ever since, it seems like they toned down both their personalities.
THANK GOD I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS NOTICED THIS!!!

Back