You can get Ashley's voice on the WarioWare Inc stage in Brawl?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Well, isn't this the most random 'hack' ever?

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/Bra...User=&Credit=&Info=&AudioSource=&MainType=SFX

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/102142953/Vault Release/102.sawnd

It's apparently replacing Wario's voice on the WarioWare Inc stage (aka the one that says 'yeah' whenever you win a microgame and 'what?' whenever you lose) with Ashley's voice clips from WarioWare Touched.

It's odd. I mean, I understand being a fan of a character, but to add their voice clips as background SFX? Seems so utterly random...

you made me think there was some super-secret trick for actual copies of the game that was recently discovered. bluh.

(i'm tired).

fun fax: apparently pre-release reports of brawl mentioned ashley made a cameo on warioware inc. instead of jimmy. Wonder if we'll ever get visual evidence of that...

It's odd. I mean, I understand being a fan of a character, but to add their voice clips as background SFX? Seems so utterly random...

Ashley fandom is a unique thing -- we got next to no love until Ashley's Song + sticker appeared in Brawl, and now Sakurai at least admits some people like her with the Assist Trophy. We take what we can get.

I would have thought the character would be more in demand than this though. I mean, we get her songs, we get her voice as background SFX... yet no one actually makes a freaking character hack for the character (at least that's worth a damn).

No offence, but playing as Ashley is surely better than listening to her voice samples in the background of a Wario themed stage, right?

Ashley fandom is a unique thing -- we got next to no love until Ashley's Song + sticker appeared in Brawl, and now Sakurai at least admits some people like her with the Assist Trophy. We take what we can get.
I don't think Smash Bros. was entirely the influence on her. Are you a fan of WarioWare the series and its other characters, or are you in it for only Ashley?

Is this all the series has become anymore? In a similar vain as Star Fox = "Do a barrel roll!", Metroid = "Samus isn't called Metroid!", and F-Zero = "Falcon Punch"? Is WarioWare going down into history on a similar path as "that Ashley game" now?

Are you a fan of WarioWare the series and its other characters, or are you in it for only Ashley?

She's my favorite character, but I love WarioWare for what it is, not the cast. I'd ignore the GBA, GameCube, and DSi games if I just played it for one character. Half the time I used to find myself playing Dr. Crygor's or Kat & Ana's games over hers in Touched, anyway.

Is WarioWare going down into history on a similar path as "that Ashley game" now?

Better that than fading into obscurity.

Probably most of them. I think you're the only one who believes there's some Ashley only fanbase who knows nothing of the WarioWare series, and the evidence supports the opposite view.

Back