A look back at one of the worst video game reboots of all time

Mario123311

Super Plumber Enthusiast
Ladies and gentlemen...

Why does nobody bring this up whenever they make a top 10 list of terribad reboots again?

While arguably the games have been the best out of all the material we got from this cesspool, When your world/characters are just so unlikable and whatnot just ends up ruining most of it. Safe to say this is what would end up impacting Pac-Man's career in the worst way possible. Fans of other Namco IPs would look at him as a figure of hatred and the bad publicity that followed with claims that the franchise should have just died. ((At least sane Sonic fans know there ARE good games past the Genesis era. Now these days, People will claim the only thing Pac-Man did that was good was the original arcade outing. That's just embarrassing and saddening.))

God, Please tell me why I never see this whenever people bring up "bad reboots", Because it's bad.

Considering this failed reboot is being cancelled and rolled back supposedly, I figured we may as well look back upon this cesspool. What was YOUR experience with it? TV show or the actual mobile/console media. This is the very series that gave us good reasons to worry about Sonic Boom and the new upcoming Mega Man cartoon when they were announced.

I heard about the TV show, and then looked at it, and actually kinda enjoyed it when it first came out. But things have changed, a lot. I recently re-watched it and despised the show with a great passion. (Side Note: Pinky annoys me so god dang much.)

After hearing Mario 123311's seething hatred for this show I decided to watch an episode, and I can safely say I'm not impressed. Whatever Pac-Man was before, it was better than this generic, soulless drivel.

• Informative
Reactions: Rei
"I believe we officially ROCK!"

Anyway, I watched the trailers, but I'm not sure if I've ever caught the new Pac-Man show on telly. I did enjoy the old Hanna-Barbera show from the 80's, however. Pac-Man sounded much cooler in that one with Marty Ingels. He was actually a Pac-MAN. The voice in that new one sounds more like a "Pac-Kid". What's the big idea, Namco?

latest

latest

Last edited:
"I believe we officially ROCK!"

Anyway, I watched the trailers, but I'm not sure if I've ever caught the new Pac-Man show on telly. I did enjoy the old Hanna-Barbera show from the 80's, however. Pac-Man sounded much cooler in that one with Marty Ingels. He was actually a Pac-MAN. The voice in that new one sounds more like a "Pac-Kid". What's the big idea, Namco?

latest

latest

Dude, I was thinking the same thing while I was watching that. He ain't no man, he's a kid.
And yeah, the Hanna-barbera one runs circles around that trash, no doubt

Back