Allow PDFs as an uploadable resource?

Shokora

MarioWiki
Would it be possible to allow PDFs to be uploaded in the media/resources section of the site? I've uploaded a game manual and a Wario-related Nintendo Power guide before, though it was finicky to upload it image by image, and time-consuming to view it. Plus proving a collection of game manual/magazine PDFs here would be cool and useful.

Would it be possible to allow PDFs to be uploaded in the media/resources section of the site? I've uploaded a game manual and a Wario-related Nintendo Power guide before, though it was finicky to upload it image by image, and time-consuming to view it. Plus proving a collection of game manual/magazine PDFs here would be cool and useful.

I sure hope it is, because PDF is the only way I can upload that WL4 adventure book, which will be next week.

@CM30 Is it possible at all to upload PDFs with 80+ pages? I've never uploaded anything to media/resources before, so I don't know how it works or how to go about it.

Awesome, I'm seeing the new upload options. But an error screen always pops up when i proceed to upload a PDF:

The following error occurred
There was a problem uploading your file.

Okay so I tried again today, and something curious happened.

90% of the time, I get taken straight to the resource upload form after selecting the "other files" category from the drop-down menu. And I always receive an error message when I try to upload from there. But sometimes after selecting "other files", I get shown the following screen instead:

PIW3keo.png

And stuff uploads successfully from there! @CM30 , would you happen to know why I am only sometimes seeing this screen?

I honestly haven't got a clue to what's going on here or why that's happening. Maybe I should ask at the XenForo support forums, since it looks to be either an issue with the software or an issue with the hosting I'm using.

A small update on this issue: I've found that the resource upload form is now working. But so far, there's an error when trying to upload a certain 12mb PDF that I had, whereas I uploaded a 5mb and 1mb without issues.

Was there a specific file size limit? Because the "max 1.9 gb" on the screenshot above doesn't seem to apply.

Back