Any cult movies you like?

Just a Wario Fan

The ίςε cream aficionado
Are there any ¨cult¨ movies that you like? For information: a cult movie is a movie that isn't very popular or well known, but still has a small group of dedicated fans. I do have two cult movies that I like:

• Scum, a 1970's movie about the hard life inside a British youth penitentiary, that is notorious for its graphic violence and over-the-top racism.

• Christine, a thriller movie by John Carpenter (Perhaps better known for Halloween, which is also a cult movie) from 1983 about a possessed car and the impact she has on her owner.

You can find an incomplete list of some the better-known cult movies here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cult_films

1990-robot-jox-poster2.jpg

Cronenberg's Videodrome, basically a guy who gets sucked into this surreal experience of seeing people dying on film(snuff film)

Another one is mermaid in a manhole, the name is self explanatory. Well not to spoil anything everything I say will be in spoilers.

So it's about an artist who pretty much keeps a mermaid captive and uses her flesh to paint a portrait of said mermaid, she pretty much dies after he's finished painting her.

Here are two more worth mentioning:

• Das Boot (The Boat): A German action-adventure movie about the crew of a German submarine in WW II.

• A Series of Unfortunate Events, the movie version of the eponymous book series; though I don't know for sure if this falls in the ¨cult movie¨ category.

The funny thing is, this movie is actually classified as ¨comedy¨ in Youtube Movies. Well, tehnically this is not entirely untrue...

The term "cult film" is so inconsistent, because there's so many classic/highly famous flicks that get put under this moniker.
For instance, The Blues Brothers and Animal House, which @Yikes Spike listed, are two of the most iconic American comedies of the late 70's/80's. Then there's stuff like Rocky Horror, which bombed at the box office, but became world-famous due to cult followings. There doesn't seem to be a singular definition on what makes a film "cult".

@Just a Wario fan Speaking of John Carpenter, They Live is one of my favourite action/horror/sci-fi flicks...

Last edited:
Been interested in more movies that were creative especially when it came to make up and effects during their time.

More info on the film Sweet Home(1989)

The term "cult film" is so inconsistent, because there's so many classic/highly famous flicks that get put under this moniker.
For instance, The Blues Brothers and Animal House, which @Yikes Spike listed, are two of the most iconic American comedies of the 80's. Then there's stuff like Rocky Horror, which bombed at the box office, but became world-famous due to cult followings. There doesn't seem to be a singular definition on what makes a film "cult".

@Just a Wario fan Speaking of John Carpenter, They Live is one of my favourite action/horror/sci-fi flicks...

John Carpenter is pretty great one of my favorite directors, him alongside Cronenberg, Stanley Kubrick, and Hideshi Hino. Made some very interesting films.
Big trouble in little China is p manly.

I liked They Lived, it was cheesy : p

John Carpenter has another film I wanna see called Dark Star. Fun fact, its also the film where Pinback got its name.

I like a few cult films, I guess. Two of my top favorite films are Labyrinth and The Frighteners. They didnt do very well when they came out, but have a cult following.

Oh, I dunno if anyone has heard of it, but I watched a musical with my friend and his dad once that seemed to fit the "cult" status called The Apple. It was a really weird musical that took place in the future of the mid 90s, haha. It was neat, I really liked it.

220px-The-apple-poster.jpg

Not sure if this movie counts but it should anyways. Who killed Captain Alex? The greatest film ever known to man.
Just from the amazing poster you know this film will make you cum 5 times as fast as you can count.

CaptainAlex_poster_web_August-2015_1024x1024.jpg

Not sure if this movie counts but it should anyways. Who killed Captain Alex? The greatest film ever known to man.
Just from the amazing poster you know this film will make you cum 5 times as fast as you can count.

"Ugandas first action movie", I have to question the legitimacy of that claim : p

Also, "expect the unexpectable", thats kinda a hard thing to do : p How do I expect something that I cant even expect? Haha.

"Ugandas first action movie", I have to question the legitimacy of that claim : p

Also, "expect the unexpectable", thats kinda a hard thing to do : p How do I expect something that I cant even expect? Haha.

They also know Kung Fu, all Ugandans do.

Back