Controller Thread

Believe it or not, but
upload_2017-7-30_20-35-13.jpeg

You know, as much hate as the N64 controller gets, I dont think it was all that bad : p It looks really cool and fun, it was exciting when it came out and it feels fine. I never hated the N64 controller.

And my all time favorite controller without a doubt is the Gamecube controller. Its super confortable, I love the layout (I hate it when two joysticks are directly next to each other), it looks fun and colorful and is made well and feels like nothing can break it : p

And actually, my LEAST favorite controller is the dual shock controller, haha I really hate it : p I dont like having the two joysticks right next to each it, it drives me crazy : p I dont care for the flat shoulder buttons, if you dont play PS all the time its easy to get lost on them. The controller feels too small for me and I dont like the way the joysticks feel on my thumbs. I really dont like it at all : p

Im also torn on the Dreamcast controller, I have a love-hate relationship with it. It looks fun, and is colorful, which is important to me. The vmu is a cool little feature. But its a bit too big with too much empty space, and I dont like the material its made out of. Its like that slippery light plastic, it doesnt really feel good for a controller.

Not the most interesting answer but I just really think Nintendo just gets it when it comes to controllers and almost all my favorites have been from them.
Yg4FfTW.png
lPnNSHv.png
rTimJys.png

I really just feel like Nintendo makes the best D-Pads though I wish they would bring back the textured ones. The Sony D-Pads aren't bad but don't feel that good to me and the Microsoft ones are too mushy.
That being said I haven't been too crazy about Nintendo's recent controllers though I actually quite liked the Wii U Gamepad, more than its Pro Controller.

I really do want to try the Switch's Pro Controller.
cpF53aN.png

Also shout out to this random Chinese PC controller I bought that turned out to feel quite good with pretty good build quality.
BsgQG4e.png

I hear the Dreamcast controller design was pretty influenced by the 3d controller anyway, so it may not feel as unfamiliar as it would have otherwise.

Back