Could a new Wario Land game be heading to 3DS?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
There have been rumours about it on Twitter and ResetEra, with some people saying Skip (the studio behind Chibi Robo Zip Lash could be involved in its development):

https://miketendo64.com/2017/12/30/...land-for-3ds-animal-crossing-for-switch-more/

Personally, I'm rather skeptical about it (since the rumours come from questionable sources that aren't shown to have a long history of revealing upcoming games), but I'm still somewhat hoping it's true none the less. I mean, we need any Wario Land game at this point, even one by a questionable studio like Skip.

But hey, what do you think? Is that happening?

So before we get too hyped up for this.
What looks to be the original source for this specific rumor is from the internet's equivalent to Mos Eisley Cantina, aka 4Chan. Now I'm not gonna deny that 4Chan's been right about stuff in the past (They practically got the entire Nintendo Switch presentation down last year.), but due to the anonymous and very trollish nature of the site, it's best to take this rumor with a grain of salt and to lower your expecations a tad until something more trustworthy pops up.

However, the rumor that Skip! is making a VB Wario Land remake (According to the source.) is interesting considering we got news from last year about Nintendo trademarking VB Wario Land, so who knows exactly.....

We're in a new year with new opportunities after all.

Last edited:
So before we get too hyped up for this.
What looks to be the original source for this specific rumor is from the internet's equivalent to Mos Eisley Cafe, (aka 4Chan.) Now I'm not gonna deny that 4Chan's been right in the past (They practically got the entire Nintendo Switch presentation down last year.), but due to the anonymous and trollish nature of the site, it's best to take this info with a huge grain of salt and not to get too excited until there's something more official.

However, the rumor that Skip! is making a VB Wario Land remake (According to the source.) does strangely tie in with the news from last year about Nintendo trademarking VB Wario Land, so who knows exactly.....

We're in a new year with new opportunities after all. So I guess we'll wait and see what happens.

The VB Wario Land trademark makes me wonder...

Could this be a remake, like how MercurySteam remade Metroid 2 as Samus Returns? That would be interesting if true...

The VB Wario Land trademark makes me wonder...

Could this be a remake, like how MercurySteam remade Metroid 2 as Samus Returns? That would be interesting if true...
I never thought of it that way until now. A Remake of VB Wario Land could bring the series back to square one. lol

Reactions: 607
even just a virtual console port of Wario Land VB would be welcome
Yeah but since the Virtual Boy was obviously a flop I don't even think that Nintendo wants to remember the existence of that thing, and also the first three Wario Land games are available to buy and download from the Nintendo Eshop on the 3DS (or four if you count the GBA Wario Land game which was only available for 3DS ambassadors/ people that brought the 3DS before it's first price drop in 2011.

The obvious choices of Inti & Wayforward aside, are there any other third party companies that could pull off a good WarioLand?

http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/172263852264
Nintendo Co., Ltd. have applied for NINE trademarks in Japan for ‘downloadable videogame programs’ including the above Octo image, as well as (in alphabetical order and all as English words): Dillon’s Dead-Heat Breakers, Luigi’s Mansion, Mario & Luigi, Metroid, Metroid Prime, Smash Bros., Wario Land and WarioWare. This is the second new trademark for Wario Land within the last year. Actual application for Octo added below…
Could it actually be possible.......

It being listed as part of a list of "downloadable videogame programs" has me a bit skeptical but WarioWare Gold was quite a surprise so I guess we'll jut have to see...

Back