(Development halted) ROM Hack: Wario Land 3: The Master Quest

Tiger21820

Master of Fire & Ice & Wario Land 3: Master Quest!
Coins
Coins
Game BOI Advance - Pre-Sale Edition! Game BOI Advance - Pre-Sale Edition!
Me too! In order to qualify for the prize, you have to complete the game with fewer deaths than the updated number I will eventually post! Also, some notable changes in the upcoming update are that some treasures were re-located to increase the duration of the main campaign, with the... You know what, even though I don't like revealing big changes to my rom hack, I will tell you the treasure changes you can expect in the new release!

Old treasure ---> New Treasure
E3 Green: Powder ---> Gold Statue (Originally E6 Blue)
N6 Blue: Gong ---> Pickaxe (Originally S6 Blue)
S6 Blue: Pickaxe ---> Powder (Originally E3 Green)
E6 Blue: Gold Statue ---> Gong (Originally N6 Blue)
Basically, the "Extra" treasure quest starting after W4 A Town in Chaos' green treasure is now required to finish the game!
The new level order for the last treasures is: N6 Blue (Pickaxe) > E6 Blue (Gong) > S6 Blue (Powder) > N1 Blue (Music Box 5) > N0 Boss (Rudy)
S6 Above the Clouds' blue treasure is now the penultimate treasure before the last music box! (Due to the insane difficulty of the level!)

Tiger21820

Coins
Coins
Just completed the game AGAIN, and got sent back to the title screen 373 times!
So, starting on December 5th, when release #002 comes out, the first member to complete the hack (All 100 treasures, 8 musical coins in all levels) with fewer than 373 restarts will recieve 10000 wario forums coins! He/She will also be permanently featured in the credits!

PS: Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

Last edited:

Tiger21820

Coins
Coins
Release #002 is now out! Many changes to make the game even more difficult!

The biggest change is the order of the treasures near the end of the game! Also, the Castle of Illusions' green treasure has been changed to the gold figure, making the long optional treasure quest (where you would usually start after beating Rudy the first time, towards 100% completion) now required to finish the game! There are many changes and improvements to levels that I won't list (there are too many) here, so start your game over, and go for that position in the credits!

The first member who completes this hack (All 100 treasures and 8 musical coins in all levels, with proof) with fewer than 373 restarts will receive 10000 wario forums coins!

This hack will show just how far Wario will go for treasure! (He will do anything these days)
Enjoy!

Update:
Due to not recieving enough attention and a lack of interest (and broken PC), further development for this hack has been halted indefinitly! Not cancled, though! I may upload this to Romhacking.net to make it’s existence more known to the world, and if it recieves more interest, development will resume! Interest is what this hack alive!

Last edited: