Does anyone not care for Amiibos?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Eh, I never got the appeal of them to be honest. More plastic toys to clutter up the house, and for what? Content locked away on the disc already?

They're basically the figurine equivalent of e-Reader cards. And as someone who bought a few of those... I'm not going through this crap again.

It's on-disc DLC except instead of being tied to a storefront of uncertain longetivity, it's tied to expensive plastic crap of slightly less uncertain longevity that are impossible to get. I don't like Amiibos.

That being said, the appeal is obvious: Not too shitty figures of beloved characters (most who never get merchandise otherwise) + scarcity driving up speculators = $$$

Nah, they're not for me, either. Granted, I do like to buy Mario figures sometimes, even better if they're at a seaside arcade or something as prizes, as has been the case a few times before, but Amiibos just seem like a waste of time. They're pretty much just e-Reader cards with a plastic shell. Even the figures themselves are in a distinct pose, so they don't really function as toys, either. I dunno, man.

Back