Favorite Cartoons?

MonaWare

Sewn to our side
Diamond City Insider
Coins
User Name Style Change
Im a 90s kid, so most of my choices would be from that period of time : p

Im a big fan of hey arnold, obviously. I tend to really enjoy slice of life shows. I dunno if adult orientated animation counts, but Im also a very big fan of home movies.

I used to really like the wild thornberries growing up, and a picked up a dvd with a few episodes from the show at a dollar tree, and it reminded me of how great that show actually is.

I also like the zane-y and far out cartoons, too. Ive always been a big fan of shows like angry beavers and cat dog.

I dont like too many more modern day cartoons, but Ive enjoyed a few of them. I really liked regular show, used to watch it with my nephew alot, haha. Im not like a big super fan of it, but I did enjoy some of adventure time. I also had to spend alot of time in a hospital last summer, and while I was there I saw alot of the loud house. I thought Id hate the show, but I ended up enjoying it quite a bit, so Id give it a chance.

LarioWand

DungstonUni
Coins
Im a 90s kid, so most of my choices would be from that period of time : p

Im a big fan of hey arnold, obviously. I tend to really enjoy slice of life shows. I dunno if adult orientated animation counts, but Im also a very big fan of home movies.

I used to really like the wild thornberries growing up, and a picked up a dvd with a few episodes from the show at a dollar tree, and it reminded me of how great that show actually is.

I also like the zane-y and far out cartoons, too. Ive always been a big fan of shows like angry beavers and cat dog.

I dont like too many more modern day cartoons, but Ive enjoyed a few of them. I really liked regular show, used to watch it with my nephew alot, haha. Im not like a big super fan of it, but I did enjoy some of adventure time. I also had to spend alot of time in a hospital last summer, and while I was there I saw alot of the loud house. I thought Id hate the show, but I ended up enjoying it quite a bit, so Id give it a chance.
Nice choices! I love the 90s Nickelodeon cartoons..they all had such great animation. I'm also with you on the "slide of life" shows. Home movies is a great show. Also agree with you about modern day cartoons.. The ones I've seen are really dumbed down and tend to have really cheap computer animation instead of hand-drawn.

Have you watched "Ahhh Real Monsters!!!"?

MonaWare

Sewn to our side
Diamond City Insider
Coins
User Name Style Change
Nice choices! I love the 90s Nickelodeon cartoons..they all had such great animation. I'm also with you on the "slide of life" shows. Home movies is a great show. Also agree with you about modern day cartoons.. The ones I've seen are really dumbed down and tend to have really cheap computer animation instead of hand-drawn.

Have you watched "Ahhh Real Monsters!!!"?

Yeah, I generally lean towards 90s nickelodeon. Like I agree that early 2000s cartoon network was amazing too, some of my favorite cartoons, like ed edd and eddy and courage come from that era. But I still feel like 90s nick is where cartoons really picked up.

And yeah I feel that way about modern cartoons too. I generally dont even understand the jokes in alot of them, like yeah I said I like the goofy ones too, but sometimes the more modern ones just feel like a bunch of loud nonsense. Would agree that they feel lazy and dumbed down.

And yeah, actually when we were kids my mom was a big fan of ah real monsters, haha. Shed almost always watch it with us.

Metal

MRS. OBAMA GET DOWN!!!
Coins
Rocking Horse
Robot
There were a lot of niche cartoons outside of the 3 main television channels, especially had a bunch more selection in Toon Disney than you had on the regular Disney channel which had Darkwing Duck a great action show which parodied a lot of super hero cartoons at the time with the same feel as Freakazoid.

Speaking of Freakazoid a lot of shows I grew up that included these Spielberg era series like Animaniacs and Pink and the Brain which for it's time it wasn't unheard of to have a bit of adult humor into them including satirical events as well as showing presidents and historical events shown in them plus Pinky is best rat.

Adult shows from it's time were pretty good too such as Drawn Together another parody of sitcom shows, plus the veggietales get messed up in one ep which was funny, loved seeing a lot of these shows with my brother growing up and I feel that a lot of shows now seem to go for the weird whacky style more so than before.

MonaWare

Sewn to our side
Diamond City Insider
Coins
User Name Style Change
I liked phineas and ferb, it was a cute cartoon. Its not a favorite, but I can see it being a favorite of someone who grew up with it