"Favorite genre of music(s)?"

nayrran

Legendary Thief
It's true we have a enormous list about that kind of subject, but what is your Top 5 of favorite genre of music(s).
(with or without specify order)

Mine is:

1) Heavy Metal (mostly Power Metal & Neoclassical Metal)
2) Classical music
3) Jazz
4) Celtic music
5) VGS

I like Jazz and Classical music, and love videogame music.
And like 607, I usually like music without lyrics. ( Usually! )

This music in particular has been in my head for some time. I'm pretty sure it's Jazz:

My favorite music with lyrics, and probably one of my favorite music of all time:

I love video game music. I actually dislike lyrics a good bit, but there are a few exceptions. I actually play music myself and like to use synthesizers to make remixes. My favorite tune of all time has to be this one:

Porky's Theme from Mother 3!

The Song of Storms is another favorite of mine.

I have so many others I could post here, but I'll stop here...

For people who dont like lyrics, they are genres of music out there that dont have singing or lyrics haha : p I also dont slike lyrics, but I like bands that use little to no lyrics : p

I couldnt really put a top 5 list here, cuz thats kinda a hard thing for me to do : p For me its not totally about the genre of the band, but theyre style and sound.

I love post rock, music that doesnt really fit that rule of a guitar making most of the sound, and a bass and drummer in the background and an over the top singer singing about whatever self important junk they came up with for the song haha : p Its really all about the melodies, and features many different instruments and sounds, and all around is more about the sounds youre hearing over the singer and a flashy guitar, its by far the best music I have heard so far.

Other than that, I just like music thats mellow and pretty, with flowing melodies that all fit together, with a moody sound that really pulls on your emotions WITHOUT the use of lyrics (I really hate it when people call up-beat music "sad" because of the lyrics : /) I like string and percussion instruments mostly, but I also really like electronica sounds, and if done right, I can really enjoy woodwinds and occasionally brass instruments. Oh and by percussion I dont just mean a drumset : p Im thinking like all kinds of drums, as well as cymbals and gongs and chimes and bells and all that, haha I <3 that stuff : p

Back