• Wario Land Shake It

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Othr

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Which of the six main Wario Land games is your favourite and why?

As for my opinion, you can find out in the second post of this topic!

Personally, I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Wario Land 4 myself. This is partly because of all the Wario games I ever played, this was the one that I started being a more 'serious' gamer with, and hence a title I practically grew up with. And hey, I always did find it had stuff like the best music:

And some of the best level/game design in the series. But hey, they're all good games.

So far, I've been really enjoying Wario Land II, :( I wish Wario Land 4 was on the eShop because I would buy it so I could have them all! So the reason why I'm liking it because the levels are fun and simple which is my kind of style. I have been playing Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 but so far I haven't really been pleased with it. But I will try to beat it. I don't have Wario Land III though T_T

So far, I've been really enjoying Wario Land II, :( I wish Wario Land 4 was on the eShop because I would buy it so I could have them all! So the reason why I'm liking it because the levels are fun and simple which is my kind of style. I have been playing Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 but so far I haven't really been pleased with it. But I will try to beat it. I don't have Wario Land III though T_T

Yeah, Wario Land 2 is awesome. It's definitely better than the first game.

As for the third one... I'm not sure about it so far. It's fun, but the Metroid style progression isn't quite to everyone's tastes.

I only own WLII and WLIII (boo! hiss!). I replayed Wario Land III last year and found it to be a pretty wonderful experience, interface issues (travelling the map can get tedious, especially since it doesn,t what you collected before entering) and strange design decisions (lol golf minigame) non-whistanding.

I'm replaying Wario Land II after 10 years of not having touched it. I'll post my in-depth impressions when I'm done.

I only own WLII and WLIII (boo! hiss!). I replayed Wario Land III last year and found it to be a pretty wonderful experience, interface issues (travelling the map can get tedious, especially since it doesn,t what you collected before entering) and strange design decisions (lol golf minigame) non-whistanding.

I'm replaying Wario Land II after 10 years of not having touched it. I'll post my in-depth impressions when I'm done.

Nice, I'll definitely be interested in reading what you think of Wario Land II soon. I personally thought it was a pretty damn awesome game, but any opinions are good here.

Also, that reminds me. I ought to get back to playing Wario Land 3 soon. I started it, but then went to sleep and never got round to continuing the game the next day. And apart from the Virtual Boy title, it's the last Wario Land game I ever need to beat.

My Virtual Boy ran Wario Land more than any other game. Beat every ending on every difficulty more than once. I still have fond memories of the game and miss it dearly, so I'll have to go with that one.

A fan of Virtual Boy Wario Land who considers it their favourite game in the series? Have to say, that's pretty cool.

Makes me wish the game was rereleased so I could actually try it for myself.

A fan of Virtual Boy Wario Land who considers it their favourite game in the series? Have to say, that's pretty cool.

Makes me wish the game was rereleased so I could actually try it for myself.
Not just my fave in the series, but my fave platformer aside from Super Mario Bros 2, in general.

It's that amazing? That really makes me disappointed that the game can't be bought on the eShop or anything. I'd love to see if it lived up to the hype.

With the 3DS it would be very easy for them to port as well, although the atmosphere would be lost since you won't have your face concealing everything but the game. I know it sounds simple and petty, but that tiny element of the console really gave that game a little extra oomph.

Unfortunately, minus a Virtual Reality console, I suspect we'll never get to experience any Virtual Boy game like that ever again.

:( I wish Wario Land 4 was on the eShop because I would buy it so I could have them all!
It's meant to be coming to the Japanese WiiU eshop at the end of April, which makes me think that it'll be out with the second batch of GBA eshop games in the west. So probably some time mid-year I'd say.

I voted Wario Land 4 because it's the most refined game in the series. I'm rather fond of the first two games as well.

I only had/played Wario Land 1 and 3 during childhood, but I loved them both. Wario Land 1's unique endings based off collecting treasures I loved at the time, along with some of the more basic platforming elements it had before they were removed in later games (Such as the ability to die). 3 is great for actually requiring the player to come up with such bizarre ways and paths to even clear the game.

I've played 2 since then, but I still never got my hands on 4. It's really a pity, I loved the game's site as a kid and saw the Mario Vs Wario comic on it. I just didn't have a GBA at the time and had forgotten about it when I did get one. I should probably get around to it.

It's meant to be coming to the Japanese WiiU eshop at the end of April, which makes me think that it'll be out with the second batch of GBA eshop games in the west. So probably some time mid-year I'd say.

I voted Wario Land 4 because it's the most refined game in the series. I'm rather fond of the first two games as well.

I hope so. Wario Land 4 being made available on Wii U could inspire a lot more people to become Wario fans (although the first GBA WarioWare game being there will help a bit too).

And yeah, I figured you'd vote Wario Land 4. Not much point voting for a game other than the one you wrote a book about.

I only had/played Wario Land 1 and 3 during childhood, but I loved them both. Wario Land 1's unique endings based off collecting treasures I loved at the time, along with some of the more basic platforming elements it had before they were removed in later games (Such as the ability to die). 3 is great for actually requiring the player to come up with such bizarre ways and paths to even clear the game.

I've played 2 since then, but I still never got my hands on 4. It's really a pity, I loved the game's site as a kid and saw the Mario Vs Wario comic on it. I just didn't have a GBA at the time and had forgotten about it when I did get one. I should probably get around to it.

You should definitely get Wario Land 4 sometime. It's different from the 1st and 3rd games in a lot of ways, but's also one of the most well designed, genuinely innovative 2D platformers on a Nintendo system.

Kind of like a cross between the 1st and 3rd game really, with the 'Wario can die' and 'levels have one path' aspect of the first and the 'solve puzzles' and 'find your way through a maze of obstacles for treasure' aspect of the 2nd and 3rd mixed together.

My favourite would be the first one (as I haven't played the others enough), I love it's charm. I like Wario Land 4 a lot too.
They should re-release Virtual Boy Wario Land for the eShop or something.

I'll have to go with Wario Land III.

Maybe because it was the first game of the series I've played, but it definatly did certain things right that neither of the prequels nor Wario Land 4 did.

Besides that, I've never played Shake it! nor Virtual Boy Wario Land.

My favourite would be the first one (as I haven't played the others enough), I love it's charm. I like Wario Land 4 a lot too.
They should re-release Virtual Boy Wario Land for the eShop or something.

Yeah, they desperately need to rerelease Virtual Boy Wario Land.

I'll have to go with Wario Land III.

Maybe because it was the first game of the series I've played, but it definatly did certain things right that neither of the prequels nor Wario Land 4 did.

Besides that, I've never played Shake it! nor Virtual Boy Wario Land.

Can you explain a bit more about what it did right that neither the prequels or Wario Land 4 did?

It's hard to explain. It was mainly it's diversity, and metroidvania styled levels that appealed to me I think.

WL2 and WL4 were both more straightforward. I think it just gave you more liberties.

So I guess you just prefer open endedness and a more Metroid like game progression/feel? Yeah, that's fair enough.

Back