Greenhorn Forest Orchestral

Why is Greenhorn Forest the ONLY song that ever gets remixed from WarioWorld?? So many great, varied tracks in the game, and everyone just focuses on the first level.

As much as I adore the track, I really get sick of hearing it remixed. What about the equally awesome tracks for Greenhorn Ruins or Wonky Circus? Sheesh...

Because, ask anyone who doesn't know Wario that much, such as myself - when I think of Wario music, or Wario in general I think of this song, it just screams "Power house character"

Because, ask anyone who doesn't know Wario that much, such as myself - when I think of Wario music, or Wario in general I think of this song, it just screams "Power house character"

I think Greenhorn Ruins sounds far more powerful, personally. It's got far more energy and gusto. Plus it was used again in Wario Land: Shake Dimension, unlike Greenhorn Forest.

Yes! Greenhorn Ruins is fantastic. Greenhorn Forest is nice and catchy, but Ruins has more character.

Why is Greenhorn Forest the ONLY song that ever gets remixed from WarioWorld?? So many great, varied tracks in the game, and everyone just focuses on the first level.

As much as I adore the track, I really get sick of hearing it remixed. What about the equally awesome tracks for Greenhorn Ruins or Wonky Circus? Sheesh...
You know, I might just do an arrangement of a Wario World track someday...

Yes! Greenhorn Ruins is fantastic. Greenhorn Forest is nice and catchy, but Ruins has more character.

You know, I might just do an arrangement of a Wario World track someday...

That would be perfect! The game already has a lot of orchestral-style tracks (mainly the thunderous boss themes, like DinoMighty and Captain Skull). One of my favourite things about the Wario World soundtrack is the fact there's a different theme for every single boss!

It is refreshing to have multiple boss themes these days, huh? Each boss is so unique from each other. It would be a shame to just slap a generic theme on all of them! Agh, now I really want to do a Wario World medley. Or it could be a good start for a potential series of jazz arrangements! The soundtrack could be adapted to anything really...

Curse you for planting these ideas in my head, Angler! Too many good ideas, too little time...

Actually, Greenhorn Forest was slightly used in Launchpad Labyrinth. I think

I meant the actual Greenhorn Forest theme does not appear, unlike Greenhorn Ruins.
There are parts of the Wario World soundtrack scattered all throughout the music of Shake Dimension, such as the escape theme for Bad Manor/Boogie Mansion. That's because Minako Hamano worked on Wario World and Shake Dimension. She's a VERY underrated composer. I really hate how people only praise Koji Kondo and his Mario/Zelda soundtracks.

I meant the actual Greenhorn Forest theme does not appear, unlike Greenhorn Ruins.
There are parts of the Wario World soundtrack scattered all throughout the music of Shake Dimension, such as the escape theme for Bad Manor/Boogie Mansion. That's because Minako Hamano worked on Wario World and Shake Dimension. She's a VERY underrated composer. I really hate how people only praise Koji Kondo and his Mario/Zelda soundtracks.
In my honest opinion, I think that Wario's soundtrack in BOTH of his series are better, because Mario and Zelda all have the same type of music

It is almost a law that the first level theme in any game has the highest potential of becoming iconic.

Yes, it's so true! I'd say any first music from a widely played game is bound to become iconic. For instance, people that love Super Mario Bros, some never got past the first level, so the theme stuck to them. As opposed to games like Megaman, that are much harder (and less popular), instead it's the last world's theme from the second game that became popular.
All this is because the first few minutes and the last few moments of a game are the most easily recorded in our memory. There are exception, like repetitions and heavy ingame cutscenes that are also memorable, thus the music having potencial to become a success too. Those include random encounters (like in Final Fantasy or Pokémon) and Aerith's death in FF7.

@Magma @BlueJackG You're both right, and it's very sad, because that is probably the reason why Nintendo do things like flood the Smash Bros games with a million remixes of Jungle Hijinx from DK Country, and completely ignore the countless other fantastic pieces throughout the series.

@Luigi HeHe I totally agree. I actually think Koji Kondo's work is overrated compared to other composers like Minako Hamano. Compare her soundtrack for the Game Boy title, Zelda: Link's Awakening, to Koji Kondo's celebrated SNES soundtrack, Zelda: A Link to the Past.
Minako did unique themes for every single dungeon, cut-scene, town, and region in the game, while A Link to the Past has two very short and repetitive dungeon themes the entire game. Koji's Mario Bros/World soundtracks also just recycle the same handful of tunes (as great as they are). Minako always delights you with more and adds variety.

Last edited:
Koji Kondo is overrated, but I'll be damned if he can't write a memorable tune.

I'm not going to go too in depth on that spectrum, though. I could talk for weeks about underrated composers, even beyond video games.

Last edited:
Back