How did you got into the WarioWare franchise?

ViewlessGorilla

“FREEMAN YOU FOOL!!!”
I got into the WarioWare franchise thanks to Super Smash Bros. on the 3DS, when i looked at the Ashley trophy, and then i told to myself, “hey, she’s cute!” From there i was interessted to play the WarioWare fanchise, and i played it trough all games (apart from mega minigames and game & wario) and then it became my most favorite franchise ever.
So, how did you get into the WarioWare franchise? Just out of sheer curiosity. :miniwario:

Edit: uhh it looks like someone had my same idea 3 years ago, so if you want to you can ignore this idk

Last edited:
For me I first got in around ~October 2020, mostly by watching comparison videos from Greenalink (need to double check that name)'s YT comparisons between Gold microgames and their original counterparts. It's fascinating.

My actual first WW game was of course WarioWare: Get It Together, bought on launch day. I had already bought Wario Land 3 earlier in 2021 using some spare credit that didn't have any other immediate use though, but that's not a WW game.

I've been into WarioWare since my uncle got me an R4 card for my DS, which were still somewhat legal and highly sought after at the time. (circa 2006/2007)
He put Touched! on it, which I can't remember I asked for, but I played the game anyway since it contained Wario, who was my favourite Mario character even back then. Initially I thought it would be a Land game, but to my surprise it was someting entirely different. (I didn't know of any Wario games outside Wario Land III and 4 at the time.) The game really grew on me, but for a long time it was the only WarioWare game I ever played; it wasn't until summer 2009 that I played another, Twisted!, and only around 2013 did I buy the others.

and then i told to myself, “hey, she’s cute!”

Haha, wouldn't be the first time someone got into a series because of this; I too had this with a different series, and I think this is how most people got into Kirby games actually. A good character can really draw people to a series.

Back