How large is Diamond City?

Just a Wario Fan

The ίςε cream aficionado
I´ve always been wondering how large Diamond City is. In all the games, the city is pictured as quite a large city with many skyscrapers, much traffic, and plenty of companies, including WarioWare.

The strange thing is that its size and how it looks change from game to game. Take a look at the city as it appears in Mona´s story in Mega Microgame$:

First you see a not so large city with lots of open space, but after a few seconds you can see a skyline in the background full of high-rise buildings. In the story of Dribble and Spitz the skyline is even bigger, comparable to that of New York or Toronto.

And why do we never see the city as a whole? In every new Warioware game we see new buildings, new places, new people...

Well, I like to assume the city in Wario Land 4 is an early version of Diamond City, so it seems pretty big at that point:

It's in the ending too, and seems pretty much like a large city there as well:

tumblr_inline_nn4ejjBYeF1tsi732_500.png

Mario Kart Arcade GP shows a large, New York esque city too:

So it's generally a major city. Which makes sense, since it's likely one of the only big towns in the area (unless In Town from Wario Land II is a seperate place). As for the location placements? Those vary a lot, though I might try and come up with semblance of a map at one point.

This is a very interesting topic to me right now as I'm trying to recreate diamond city in the 3D model. Once building at a time if I have to but I am having trouble figuring out exactly what diamond city's true layout actual is. Where does Wario City fit into all of this?
JUST HOW BIG IS THIS CITY ANYWAY?
Which map is a best representation of the city?
(2-12 update im going with the below but w monkey elevator instead of pigs)
latest
iu
iu

Last edited:
Diamond City varies widely from game to game in layout, location, size, etc. The only things we know for sure are that it's a fairly large, modern city with a subtropical climate and a small island off its shores, where Dr. Crygor's lab is located.

Diamond City varies widely from game to game in layout, location, size, etc. The only things we know for sure are that it's a fairly large, modern city with a subtropical climate and a small island off its shores, where Dr. Crygor's lab is located.
Fair enough, definitely makes designing a cannon Diamond City 3D model hard hahaha
BUT IM DOING IT! (some aren't fully complete yet because that angle wont be viewable in the romhack I'm working on and I'm working fast as I can
IF THIS POST GETS ENOUGH INTEREST ILL PUT IN 9-VOLTS HOUSE BUT HIS IS THE MOSE DETAILED SO I WAS JUST GOING TO DO A 2D FOR HIS!
BUT ENOUGH REACTIONS AND ILL DO A 3D NINEVOLT HOUSE!
(limited time offer + I'll upload model zips)
1676179014097.png

Last edited:
Fair enough, definitely makes designing a cannon Diamond City 3D model hard hahaha
BUT IM DOING IT! (some aren't fully complete yet because that angle wont be viewable in the romhack I'm working on and I'm working fast as I can
IF THIS POST GETS ENOUGH INTEREST ILL PUT IN 9-VOLTS HOUSE BUT HIS IS THE MOSE DETAILED SO I WAS JUST GOING TO DO A 2D FOR HIS!
BUT ENOUGH REACTIONS AND ILL DO A 3D NINEVOLT HOUSE!
(limited time offer + I'll upload model zips)
View attachment 13403

Very nicely made! :waluigithumbsup:Can't wait for the other buildings!

I´ve always been wondering how large Diamond City is. In all the games, the city is pictured as quite a large city with many skyscrapers, much traffic, and plenty of companies, including WarioWare.

The strange thing is that its size and how it looks change from game to game. Take a look at the city as it appears in Mona´s story in Mega Microgame$:

First you see a not so large city with lots of open space, but after a few seconds you can see a skyline in the background full of high-rise buildings. In the story of Dribble and Spitz the skyline is even bigger, comparable to that of New York or Toronto.

And why do we never see the city as a whole? In every new Warioware game we see new buildings, new places, new people...

EEEEEE I LOVE THINKING ABOUT THIS!!!!!! ugh... imagine if they made a wario-ware open world game... it would make literally no sense and will never happen but I like the thought. Or not even that exactly... okay this is gonna sound stupid but you know the early 2000s sims 2 handheld spinoff games? like sims 2 ds, gba, psp, and to some degree I'd almost count bustin out and the urbz to be a part of the sub-series. Anyway, I wish there was a wario-ware game where you could explore the city and interact with characters similar to that game but with microgames I don't know that's not a well thought out idea. What I'm trying to say is I want to see more of Diamond City on different scales and though as it stands I have no additional thoughts on it's potential breadth/unknown features, I think this is a fascinating thought and I hope people keep having more thoughts on this and contributing to this thread okay that's all have a good day

Back