How well did games like Wario World and Wario Land Shake It Sell?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Kinda curious since I keep seeing articles online state they're the reason we haven't seen any new Wario platformers for the last few years or so, yet the figures I did see implied they merely sold an 'average' number of copies (1-2 million) rather than anything as bad as Zip Lash or those Mario & Luigi remakes.

So for those who do know about this stuff, how were Wario World and Wario Land Shake It's sales?

Wikipedia says Wario World was a "Commercial Success", But I don't know how far that statement goes or how much weight it really has. I always assumed the reason Shake It! can be considered "poorly sold" is moreso, is because it didn't make up the amount of budget used for the games' animation and art. Not helped by the fact Mario was getting a ton of stuff on the Wii, and NSMBWii launched just a year after.

Wikipedia says Wario World was a "Commercial Success", But I don't know how far that statement goes or how much weight it really has.

Usually, with "commercial success" they mean that the game did sell just well enough to be considered profitable in the long term, even if it didn't sell well at first.

Back