Let's work out the heights of the Wario cast!

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
This is a size chart based on the Mario series, with Wario in it:

Size_chart.jpg

Mario is 5 feet 1 inches tall. So if we compare him to Wario (who I'd say is about 5 foot 2 or 3 on the chart above), then in theory, we can compare his Wario Land/WarioWare sprites to the other characters and work out their estimated sizes.

For example, using the overworld sprites from WarioWare Touched (hey, it's the nearest sprite based game with all characters ripped in an easy to see format), Wario's sprite is about 27 pixels high. Divide his physical height (5,3 feet) by this, and it gives you about 2.3 inches per pixel. It's not accurate (most characters are about the same size for tech reasons), but I guess it could be logical in some cases, it'd give Mike as about 6 foot 1 inches high and both Ashley and 9 Volt as about 4 foot 7/8 inches, which are probably fairly reasonable estimates for the character sizes.

As for Wario Land, well, using it with a Wario Land 4 Wario sprite gives you a 34 pixel sprite (standing), so that'd mean about 1.8 pixels per inch for each character. This would give you about 17 feet for Cractus, 12 feet tall or so for Catbat, 3 foot 8 inches for the scientist and about 7 foot for Princess Shokora.

It'd also presumably work for Mario RPG/spinoff characters. An estimated height for Antasma in Dream Team would be between 11-12 feet with this calculation. Average for a giant opponent would be about 40-50 f00t, assuming Mario and Giant Luigi are to scale.

So yeah, interesting idea? Pointless? What do you think?

That''s an, um, interesting pursuit.

It's not accurate (most characters are about the same size for tech reasons), but I guess it could be logical in some cases

The ending of game & wario has all the characters beside Wario standing side-by-side (there's also this picture, though it's not quite as ideal), so I guess you could use that. Can,t take a screencap due to issues with my computer, but you should find it on the tubes.

Back