Luigi's Mansion 3

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Anyone else here super excited for this game? It's out this Halloween, and seems to be everything you'd ever want in a Luigi's Mansion game content wise.

Here are some of the latest trailers for the game that got posted online recently:

So yeah, your thoughts on it?

Wow... I haven't really made time to actually read or watch material about the new Luigi's Mansion game until now (mainly because I was distracted by all the new Shantae and Shovel Knight stuff going on), but I must say, I regret I haven't watched this earlier.
The quality of the game looks very high, on par with Odyssey if you'd ask me, and I can only hope the gameplay will be just as good. But I think we don't have to worry about that at all.
and seems to be everything you'd ever want in a Luigi's Mansion game content wise.

Perhaps, but...
There's one thing I really liked about the first game that we haven't seen again since: Portrait Ghosts. These were what made the fist game really stand out, and where much of its charm came from. Even if they only appeared in that game for a short time, never to be seen again, there's still something about them that made me really like them. The fact that they each had their own backstory, personality, fighting style, ways to be captured and such is why I hope Portrait Ghosts will someday return to the Luigi's Masion series. Maybe even have some of the more memorable ones come back.

But for now, I'm more than pleased with what we're going to get this Halloween. Can't wait.

I preordered it! I am playing Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon in celebration of it's upcoming release! I already did Luigi's Mansion on the GameCube and got an A ranking on it! I hope there are records I can make a list on!

Wow... I haven't really made time to actually read or watch material about the new Luigi's Mansion game until now (mainly because I was distracted by all the new Shantae and Shovel Knight stuff going on), but I must say, I regret I haven't watched this earlier.
The quality of the game looks very high, on par with Odyssey if you'd ask me, and I can only hope the gameplay will be just as good. But I think we don't have to worry about that at all.

Perhaps, but...
There's one thing I really liked about the first game that we haven't seen again since: Portrait Ghosts. These were what made the fist game really stand out, and where much of its charm came from. Even if they only appeared in that game for a short time, never to be seen again, there's still something about them that made me really like them. The fact that they each had their own backstory, personality, fighting style, ways to be captured and such is why I hope Portrait Ghosts will someday return to the Luigi's Masion series. Maybe even have some of the more memorable ones come back.

But for now, I'm more than pleased with what we're going to get this Halloween. Can't wait.

Err, you do know that Luigi's Mansion 3 has its own portrait ghosts, right?

They're not technically called that any more since they don't come from portraits, but the unique ghosts with personalities, unique designs, fighting styles etc thing made a comeback in 3:

1200px-LM3NewGhost1.jpg

1200px-LM3_King_MacFright_and_Luigi.jpg

1200px-LM3NewGhost3.jpg

As well as:

DiscJockey-1024x573.jpg

ChefBattle-1024x573.jpg

SecurityGuardBattle-1024x572.jpg

SwimmerBattle-1024x573.jpg

PharaohGhost-1024x573.jpg

CharacterGhosts-1024x574.jpg

Err, you do know that Luigi's Mansion 3 has its own portrait ghosts, right?

They're not technically called that any more since they don't come from portraits, but the unique ghosts with personalities, unique designs, fighting styles etc thing made a comeback in 3:

1200px-LM3NewGhost1.jpg

1200px-LM3_King_MacFright_and_Luigi.jpg

1200px-LM3NewGhost3.jpg

As well as:

DiscJockey-1024x573.jpg

ChefBattle-1024x573.jpg

SecurityGuardBattle-1024x572.jpg

SwimmerBattle-1024x573.jpg

PharaohGhost-1024x573.jpg

CharacterGhosts-1024x574.jpg

Yeah, you're right. I have to admit, I hadn't looked into the game enough when I wrote that. I knew there were going to be unique ghosts in this game that have all the characteristics of the Portrait Ghosts of the first game, but since they aren't in portraits, I expected them to be radically different, which, in hindsight, they aren't at all. That having said however, I still would like to see the return of the ''classic'' Portrait Ghosts that you have to bring back into paintings and each have their own description, backstory, age, name and nickname (X, the ... ghost), peculiar personality traits, dialogue, bronze, silver, gold and platinum frames, relationships with other mansion dwellers etc.

Perhaps, but...
There's one thing I really liked about the first game that we haven't seen again since: Portrait Ghosts. These were what made the fist game really stand out, and where much of its charm came from.

Portrait ghosts (or character ghosts this time around, seeing as they’re no longer trapped in portraits) are making a return though.

Yeah, you're right. I have to admit, I hadn't looked into the game enough when I wrote that. I knew there were going to be unique ghosts in this game that have all the characteristics of the Portrait Ghosts of the first game, but since they aren't in portraits, I expected them to be radically different, which, in hindsight, they aren't at all. That having said however, I still would like to see the return of the ''classic'' Portrait Ghosts that you have to bring back into paintings and each have their own description, backstory, age, name and nickname (X, the ... ghost), peculiar personality traits, dialogue, bronze, silver, gold and platinum frames, relationships with other mansion dwellers etc.

They have names, personalities, dialogue, etc. Probably relationships with other hotel dwellers too.

For anyone who wants some of said names, the spoiler below lists the ones we know:

Steward: The bellhop ghost
Chambria: A maid ghost
Kruller: The policeman/security guard/mall cop
Chef Soulffle: The chef shown in recent trailers
Amadeus Wolfgeist: A composer/piano playing ghost
King MacFright: The knight from the E3 demo
Dr Potter: The gardener from the later demo
Morty: Film director shown in the E3 presentation
Hallen Gravely: The mysterious hotel owner, and apparent fan of King Boo that released him

Back