Miiverse

I'm a bit late, but I found proof of Miiverse getting killed off. https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAADAAADV44YtPKcEg
Why?!? D: There goes most of the Wii U's appeal. And with that a lot of my trust in Nintendo. I paid €300,- for that thing, and now they're ruining it?.. Ugh. I guess that means one shouldn't buy a Switch before it's at least like 5 years old... you never know if they might kill that off as well. But if that'd happen, Nintendo wouldn't get enough revenue anymore, and that would only make things worse... ugh.
Another thing: while games like The Wind Waker HD and New Super Mario Bros. U will still be playable to a degree, Super Mario Maker will be gone altogether, won't it? That's horrible to me, it's one of the most popular console games around I feel like, and it's got great amounts of lasting appeal... ugh. d:(

The news was so sudden, but a few months prior to the announcement Data miners found text for Miiverse eventually shutting down. It's very disappointing, numerous people still use Miiverse to chat with friends, draw, etc.

It's a shame, maybe they'll allow a new way to upload levels like its own dedicated sever other than Miiverse. Let's hope that's the case. I don't know rather this is a good choice or not, but it's Nintendo; they kinda just do what they feel like, these days. But I wouldn't say to hold off on a Switch, it's growing pretty strong and it'll only get better with the coming years.

• Agree
Reactions: 607
Miiverse was getting pretty stale in my book. The only reason most people miss it was because they got addicted to it.

By the end it became a site used mainly for trolling, like 4 chan.

• Disagree
I can get behind Mario Maker on the Switch, though the touchscreen would pretty much be required for it. Unless they can make a quicker way to use the controllers. You can't really use the touchscreen with the TV, and Switch is supposed to be the best of both worlds.

I wouldn't know, but I'm sure a controller could work for those who'd like to use TV to make their levels and people who'd like to use the touchscreen to make.

It's not so much the potential port quality that would bug me but rather that this is the third time this game would be released.

I wouldn't be surprised if we got Paper Mario ; Color Splash Deluxe.

But for sure, there's already a port for the 3ds and a third one would just look weird, silly, almost. But I wouldn't be highly against it either, I loved creating levels. But in the end, it probably wouldn't bring much. We already have a console Mario Maker and a Mario Maker to take on the go. So if they were to port it, it would take much more than "Deluxe" in the title to sell it.

Miiverse was getting pretty stale in my book. The only reason most people miss it was because they got addicted to it.

By the end it became a site used mainly for trolling, like 4 chan.
Disagreed. I often write in my play journal, when playing a game.
I also occasionally check the boards for games I know well, and help people out that are stuck. (Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, for example. It's great that you don't need a 3DS to comment on posts for 3DS Virtual Console games, too!)

Miiverse was a good idea on paper
A social network that allowed communication between Developers and Nintendo fans sounded great on paper and there was a lot of great ideas as well.

But the demographic on there, the extremely unreliable staff (Which got worst as it got older.) and the lack of core features like a proper search function and various other things makes Miiverse's overall execution very clunky and rough around the edges overall despite the good ideas and the occasional great post/fanart.

While I am disappointed that Nintendo dropped the feature entirely instead of either continuing it or making a spritual successor that improves on the service, at the same time, the fact that they're shifting their social media focus to Twitter/Tumblr/YouTube etc is the smarter move IMO as it not only allows Nintendo to be more open to the wider world
But also, they're just bigger sites overall with a bigger audience which is good for Nintendo as it means more attention to their products and games.

Last edited:
Disagreed. I often write in my play journal, when playing a game.
I also occasionally check the boards for games I know well, and help people out that are stuck. (Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, for example. It's great that you don't need a 3DS to comment on posts for 3DS Virtual Console games, too!)
Well, thats good, you used the site as nintendo intended. My experience was that many people didnt. Not a bad thing on its own, but some people went out of their way to derail what nintendo was trying to do, and since nintendo wasnt entirely flexible with their plans, well, several updates happened. I think the reason they ditched the idea of hosting a social media site is due to the amount of trouble they had with the users. At the same time i personally think they lost sight of miiverses actual purpose, which is to give a platform that nintendo fans can chat with each other on. Preferably about nintendo games, but not strictly limited to the game in question.

• Useful
Well, thats good, you used the site as nintendo intended. My experience was that many people didnt. Not a bad thing on its own, but some people went out of their way to derail what nintendo was trying to do, and since nintendo wasnt entirely flexible with their plans, well, several updates happened. I think the reason they ditched the idea of hosting a social media site is due to the amount of trouble they had with the users. At the same time i personally think they lost sight of miiverses actual purpose, which is to give a platform that nintendo fans can chat with each other on. Preferably about nintendo games, but not strictly limited to the game in question.
That might indeed be the case.
It's a shame that it went like this. :(
Still, I'm glad that I've got to experience Miiverse 'as it was intended'! d:)

The only thing I ever saw on miiverse is the retarded kids trying to ERP with each other.
Now the poor bastards will have to find another inconvenient internet community to start dating again.

The only thing I ever saw on miiverse is the retarded kids trying to ERP with each other.
Now the poor bastards will have to find another inconvenient internet community to start dating again.
That's odd. I've used Miiverse a lot, and 98% of posts I saw were very nice. In what places did you look?

abe.png

From Goro Abe on the Everybody's Message community

A few more hours until it shuts down for good. I'm gonna miss the site, I've made so many friends there, it'll be sad to see it go permanently. I wish I could have got a few words in on Miiverse itself. Oh well, goodbye, Miiverse. Guess there's nothing more to say than Thank you, Miiverse!

I've had so many great memories there, it'll be with me forever.

Back