(Odyssey) Outfits for Luigi, if he becomes playable

ShyGuyXXL

Shyster Guyster
Diamond City Insider
Luigi has a small role in the upcoming update now, but I was wondering, if he DOES become playable as well, (eventually) what could some of the outfits be for him?

I mean Mario has a ton of different outfits that reference all kinds of games, so what should Luigi get?

Obviously, he should have this:
Picture_Poker.PNG

You can't go wrong with card dealer Weeg.

Oh and definitely this!
82px-Mr_L_Render.png

Fan favourite right here.

Naturally, you could have Luigi's counterpart to Mario's golf outfit:
Luigi_NES.png

Green stars and stripes! :wlheart:

Another counterpart:
Mario_and_Luigi_3DHR.png

His ugly arcade colors:
87px-Luigi_Mario_Bros.png

Tennis Weeg:
Mario%27sT_Luigi.jpg

Strikers Weeg:
107px-Luigi_-_Super_Mario_Strikers.png

....these splorts ones aren't really exclusive to Weegee tho.
Can you think of any outfits that he didn't just wear because other characters wore them too?

There's... this... thing...
LUIGI-NEW3DS.png

*shudders*

There's obviously Dr. Luigi but that's not unique, there's a ton of other color palettes, like with the white pants and hat, there's the poltergust, but it would suck if you couldn't use it....
There's the Kitsune Suit but they didn't wanna use Power-up suits...

Can you think of anything?

Honestly, I'm surprised a normal Peach dress outfit isn't available in the game already. I mean, you can wear Peach's wedding dress and Bowser's tuxedo, but not their normal clothing?

Still, I guess their tennis outfits from Mario Tennis Aces could work well:

800px-MTA_Mario_Tennis_Outfit.jpg

800px-MTA_Luigi_Tennis_Outfit.jpg

And maybe the green bow tie from his balloon world design could work too:

LuigisBalloonWorld.jpg

Two more that came to my mind :
index.php

Particulary if they stick with the colors from the sprite, could be considered a counterpart to the Mario Maker outfit, except with Wrecking Crew.
The problem is, it looks way too similar to the regular palette, so it would just look like Luigi is wearing Mario's wrecking crew outfit.

True, they aren't very distinguishable at all, though since Mario doesn't use I thought may as well give it to Luigi, even if that's more fueled by my soft spot for the Wrecking Crew games, more then anything else.

Honestly, I'm surprised a normal Peach dress outfit isn't available in the game already. I mean, you can wear Peach's wedding dress and Bowser's tuxedo, but not their normal clothing?
I wouldn't want Mario in Bowser's clothing.

Is it me or Wario can outmatch Luigi when it comes to outfits and hats?
Yeah, Wario has a ton of possibilities.
There's the classic outfit, the biker outfit, the explorer hat (as well as the other power-up hats), his sleeping cap...
WL2_WarioSleeping.png
...As well as his jammies...
upload_2018-3-7_9-6-7.png

...a Vampire Wario outfit, a Zombie Wario outfit (possible, seeing how there was gonna be a zombie Mario outfit too),
any of the Mario Party outfits...
MP2_Wario.png

...a tiny Wario outfit...
Tiny_Wario_WarioWare_Smooth_Moves.png

...his Thief outfit and all the other disguises from Master of Disguise, his Strikers outfit, his WarioWare Snapped and DIY outfits, his Wario-Man outfit, and of course some color swaps, like his Black&White GB colors.

There are definitely more iconic ones here than Luigi's.

Back