Online Avatars

Magma

Oldhead
Diamond City Leader
As we all it is a mandatory unspoken rule on the internet to have some kind of online avatar. In most cases this manifests itself as characters people like though sometimes it can be original characters or objects or even abstract things. So here's a thread were we can explain our online avatars a bit and as I mentioned above this'll have elements of the Original Character thread and the Favorite Characters thread. Some should be obvious for certain members but perhaps you'd like to elaborate or bring up different ones you may have used in the past.

My usual/historical batch consists of these guys
xsQN39g.png
kF7wLjd.png
H1Z5RwS.png
Magma Man from the Mega Man series is where my name comes from and came from a Mega Man RP thing from long ago although I don't really use him as an avatar usually. Shou Toramaru and Yuyuko Saigyouji from the Touhou Project are just two characters I like that my friends would end up strongly associating with me.

These two I really only used on the Wario Forums
5DijGJi.png
zj7zeE7.png
Ringo Andou and Diesel/Kevin Nash. No real reason I just really like these two. However, I will not be using them anymore.

Last edited:
Bet yall wondering what my sexy avi's were well aside from a bunch of waifus I'd say my most prominent and well known one is from a Megaman community. One that both me and magma have shared, well here is me comes from Metalman an RM from Megaman.

latest

Bet yall wondering what my sexy avi's were well aside from a bunch of waifus I'd say my most prominent and well known one is from a Megaman community. One that both me and magma have shared, well here is me comes from Metalman an RM from Megaman.

latest
tUF1UgA.png

Ringo Andou and Diesel/Kevin Nash. No real reason I just really like these two. However, I will not be using them anymore.

Aw, why not?

latest

Metalman is the best, yeah : p We always used his power exclusively.

And besides Helga avatars, Ive used a bunch. I used to use alot of different pictures of Mikoto from Rune Factory.

1719838-ch_mikoto__rune_factory_oceans_.jpg

Its definitely a character I relate to, all quiet and shy and junk.

I also used Birdo from the Mario franchise for a while : p

And Sheena from Tales of Symphonia

d34b1b95ced47906cd9e5b27459771551377257393_large.jpg

Just cuz Sheena is really great : p

I also really used to like to use Aika from Skies of Arcadia as an avatar, too

latest

In fact, if I ever decided to change from Helga for whatever reason, Id probly go back to Aika : p

Oh and I also really liked to use Mithos from Tales of Symphonia

tumblr_static_mithos.jpg

If youve ever played ToS, hes a really really great character : p

Oh and actually I have also used an avatar of Sting outside of this site, haha. This one specifically-

1092824-sting_tee_1_1_.jpg

I usually use characters for an avatar, I often kinda use an avatar as a way to see the people Im talking to online, like it gives them a face without them actually showing you their face. So I keep that in mind when I use an avatar, and pick something Id like people to see me as, too.

For the rest of my life, I will always imagine @Glowsquid as a grumpy Japanese anime woman : p

Aw, why not?

Metalman is the best, yeah : p We always used his power exclusively.

And Sheena from Tales of Symphonia

d34b1b95ced47906cd9e5b27459771551377257393_large.jpg

Just cuz Sheena is really great : p

I also really used to like to use Aika from Skies of Arcadia as an avatar, too

latest

Yes I'm the best Megaman 2 RM nobody else compares looking like a robotic doctor the sawblade on his head looks like a stethascope.
You should totally be Sheena again PLS do it!! I'd love to see more tales of and skies of arcadia icons from you, you've got amazing taste in JRPGS. It reminds me that I need to get into the two series sometime as well since they've been on my to-do list.

Pretty funny topic for me, given how often I change avas because....well, just because, while I had a lot of avas in the past this guy has to have the most consistend presence on them:
tumblr_or06xmq8tp1uf6am6o1_400.jpg

Yeah, Sig from Puyo Puyo, not very shocking when it comes to me.

I have also had a lot of Mega Man avas in the past, from Ice Man, Roll, Ciel as well as several Mega Men, thought nowadays you'd be by far the most likely to see Geo Stelar as my MM ava:
tumblr_inline_nbxokitgTb1spel73.jpg

Because favorite Mega Man n' all, not to mention I feel like he suits me quite well, then again I think the same with Sig as well, which is really the main reason why I like to pick them as my avas, on top of them just being big favorites of mine.

I mostly just use random Mario and Zelda series characters for me avatars. Previous ones have included Wario, Fawful, Antasma, Mario & Yoshi, King K Rool, Lord Frederick, Bowser from Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, Kleever from Donkey Kong Country 2, etc.

I mostly just use random Mario and Zelda series characters for me avatars. Previous ones have included Wario, Fawful, Antasma, Mario & Yoshi, King K Rool, Lord Frederick, Bowser from Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, Kleever from Donkey Kong Country 2, etc.

Are you a big Zelda fan? Whats your favorite Zelda game?

I am a man of many avatars. for forums its my idols like Wario, DOOM guy, i even once did Commander Keen on some old DQ site. At one point recently i experimented with some waifus. Here on WarioForums it was Nepnep and Tsunheart.
For social and public its waifus but rn my YT is a funny face Takamura (Hajime no Ippo) made. Just thought it was funny. Though it may go back waifus soon, or something else if i get bored of that.
For stuff i use with my personal friends like Skype its been through several phases, all pertaining to a certain series. This year i use a Zelda theme and get a new pic each month. Last year it was Neptunia themed with a new pic each month. before that it was Mother (or Earthbound series if you will) series, and so on.

This all may change though, as with forum and social/public i've started to experiment because i've done it this way for a long time.

What a fun topic! I enjoy reading about the images that represent the people I converse with so much here. Anyhow, these are my most notable ones...

Hoppy and Ickybod Clay from the ClayFighter games are my most frequent...

HOPPY SAMPLE.png
CF63 - Ickybod Clay.jpg

Hogwash and Fangfish, both enemy characters from Donkey Kong Land (alas, I could never find that Fangfish art without the text)...

HOGWASH SAMPLE.png
Donkey Kong Land - Fang Fish Icon 2.png

And finally, my two oldest/original icons I used in my earliest days here (in fact, the first icons I ever used on a forum, period!)
A Wario Land swimming one, and an image of Glendaal, the main character of Equinox - Solstice II....

6db259581959c733a24d40c48ac8ab68.jpg
Equinox - Glendaal (2).jpg

Last edited:
I always think it's funny that if you go to a forum with like a middle-aged to elderly userbase, they always use either a picture of themselves or their pets as avatars. Talk about tacky >_>' Also they always sign their first name at the end of their post.

So far this has been my Wario Forums batch since returning this summer.
PFdLBSm.png
PupjbcI.png
vE2SlRH.png
H1Z5RwS.png
Aside from reflecting my mood and the games I've been playing, I've been picking them for another particular reason...

Now I don't have any real avatar history as I've been pretty consistent with Sonic
But there was one avatar I used when I first joined this joint that wasn't related to the hedgehog in some fashion
And that is
wario__modifed_2__by_tyb100-dasy0t4 (2).gif

Hybrid Wario
basically this was a edit of artwork from Mega Party Gamss that I made for when I first joined and it's supposed to be a hybrid of sorts beween his classic design and his biker design (Taking the best of both), and for the first month, it was my main avatar before switching to the blue hedgehog.

Now while i've been using a variation of Sonic that extends even to this very day, I still hold a fondness for my hybrid design as I used it in some of my fanart

And i've actually modified it to have his classic hat not too long ago (As I became better at doing edits.) Finally completing the hybrid design.
Wario__modifed_4__by_tyb100-dasy0t4.gif

Last edited:
Back