• Theyre better than The Beatles, definitely

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

MonaWare

do wa ditty
Diamond City Insider
So AFK was used for a Warioware Twisted commercial : p

To prove its Pinback : p

It makes perfect sense too! Pinback is a band all about bass guitar, and as everyone knows Mona was a bass guitarist in touched : p

To prove that its bass guitar youre hearing there : p

Haha is pretty neat : p

see, you should all be Pinback fans! D : <

Last edited:
Yooo that's awesome. Can't remember many commercials of this era but the fact that a Wario game used a Pinback commercial makes it that much better. More games should use their music in their commercials since they work so well.

You can't remember many commercials from this era?! That's terrible. Nintendo had some of the best commercials durinv ghe Gameboy Advance/ Gamecube era.

You can't remember many commercials from this era?! That's terrible. Nintendo had some of the best commercials durinv ghe Gameboy Advance/ Gamecube era.

They had far less air time in some regions/territories, and weren't always regularly circulated. It's a shame, since there were some real crackers during that era.

Also I havent had cable throughout most of my life : p I went without cable from like '02-'03 to like '08 too : p

Still, thats way cool. Wouldnt have guessed my favorite band had one of their songs in a Warioware commercial : p Also fun fact, thats the first Pinback song that I heard too, is what got me into them and wanting to find more of their music : p

I only ever see commercials on YouTube, we haven't had cable or whatever you call it for like 8 years, and I watch television less than a dozen times a year. d:p

We've never had any form of paid television in our family. To my parents the whole concept of paying for additional television is like paying for radio - unnecessary, insane and a total waste of money. I remember thinking my friends were rich when they'd chat about their cable channels at school. Heheh....

"Pay TV" as we call it, came to Australia in 1995. Wikipedia says only 28% of Aussie homes had a pay TV subscription in 2012 (one of the lowest in the developed world)!

Last edited:
We've never had any form of paid television in our family. To my parents the whole concept of paying for additional television is like paying for radio - unnecessary, insane and a total waste of money. I remember thinking my friends were rich when they'd chat about their cable channels at school. Heheh....

"Pay TV" as we call it, came to Australia in 1995. Wikipedia says only 28% of Aussie homes had a pay TV subscription in 2012 (one of the lowest in the developed world)!
Wait, huh? Radio's free. You can easily set your receiver to any frequency to listen to commercial channels.

Wait, huh? Radio's free. You can easily set your receiver to any frequency to listen to commercial channels.

Radio is free (these days), but the idea of paying for radio is just as ridiculous as paying for TV (to my parents). Regular free-to-air television provides all the essentials. In the old days it was illegal to have a Radio or TV without paying for a TV/Radio license every 12 months. Australia abolished this law in 1974, but the UK still does it with television.

Came to Australia? Where are you originally from, Angler?

Sorry, I could have worded that better (still haven't fully recovered from my illness).

I'm from Australia. I was just saying that cable/pay TV arrived in Australia for the first time in 1995. I've never owned cable myself, but I can definitely see the benefits of it. For example, I couldn't watch the wrestling and boxing Olympic events at Rio, because they didn't air them on regular TV (only cable).

Last edited:
Radio is free (these days), but the idea of paying for radio is just as ridiculous as paying for TV (to my parents). Regular free-to-air television provides all the essentials. In the old days it was illegal to have a Radio or TV without paying for a TV/Radio license every 12 months. Australia abolished this law in 1974, but the UK still does it with television.

Ah, okay. Yeah, in the Netherlands we've got 3 channels, plus one from your own province. For some reason, though, we've got RTV Drenthe instead of Omrop Fryslân. d:p

Back