Play style of nect Wario Land game?

What will the next Wario Land game be like?

• Like Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 or Virtual Boy Wario Land

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I expect something gimmicky and blah, but I want a mix between VB and 4. Like with the "hurry up" mechanic of 4, but also with the power ups and background hopping of VB (which would be perfect for 3DS!!).

yeah i'm not gonna shut up about vb now that i've finally played it and loved it hue

I expect something gimmicky and blah, but I want a mix between VB and 4. Like with the "hurry up" mechanic of 4, but also with the power ups and background hopping of VB (which would be perfect for 3DS!!).

yeah i'm not gonna shut up about vb now that i've finally played it and loved it hue
You know that's exactly what i wanted for a 3ds Wario Land as well.^_^^_^

I definitly want to see transformation. You just don't see that in many other games and it's what kept me interested in Wario land 3 and 2.
In terms of story and path, I think I'd prefer the direction of Wario Land 2 more than 3. 2 just gave more of that 'completionist' feeling with all the coin and treasure collection. I also liked how the story is more involved about Wario himself, rather than someone else being in distress instead. (like 3 and shake).

To top it up, if 100% completing the game gives a modern version of Wario land 3's 'Perfect!', I'll be so happy. :3

I want something different. That's one of the best things about the Wario Land series, the games feel unique and different to one another. They're not afraid to try new ideas and what now.

Admittedly, there is a line here. Don't focus on gimmicky crap like Master of Disguise. But changing up how the next Wario Land game plays would be interesting to me, in the same way a new 3D Mario game that isn't like 64, Sunshine, Galaxy or 3D 'whatever' would be interesting.

my educated guesses:

1: If they do a big DKC Returns-style revival: There may be some wishful thinking in my reasoning, but I think any "revival" of Wario Land would be patterned after WLII/III. The puzzle/exploration-but-not-quite-metroid style fills a niche that's not covered by Kirby/Mario/DK.

2: If the remaining R&D1 staff ever has another go at Wario Land: something new and unprecedented. Notice how each "style" of WL had two games (WL/VB:WL, WLII/WL:III, 4/Shake It").

I voted for Wario Land 4, not Wario Land Shake It. Both are a lot different in terms of controls and tricks.
I'd love to see a Wario game with the gameplay and level design of Wario Land 4, the size and replay of Wario Land II/Wario Land 3, the music quality of Wario Land Shake It but with the same goofy and "Warioesque" as Wario Land (Both GB and VB soundtracks where awesome!), plus the elastic and bouncy craziness of Wario World!

Perfect work of art... will never happen, sadly...

I definitly want to see transformation. You just don't see that in many other games and it's what kept me interested in Wario land 3 and 2.
In terms of story and path, I think I'd prefer the direction of Wario Land 2 more than 3. 2 just gave more of that 'completionist' feeling with all the coin and treasure collection. I also liked how the story is more involved about Wario himself, rather than someone else being in distress instead. (like 3 and shake).

To top it up, if 100% completing the game gives a modern version of Wario land 3's 'Perfect!', I'll be so happy. :3
I agree with you for the most part but i never found tnat perfect screen satisfying TBH

True that although i feel if the next game happens to be early in the NX life span it may end up gimmicky. Not saying i don't want somethung fresh but with master of disquise and game and wario (i know that is not Wario Land bear with me) i feel they may be the path that the next game might fall down.

True that although i feel if the next game happens to be early in the NX life span it may end up gimmicky. Not saying i don't want somethung fresh but with master of disquise and game and wario (i know that is not Wario Land bear with me) i feel they may be the path that the next game might fall down.

Oh, really? At the time, seeing that kind of congratulations in a game was really rare and pretty, when I was a kid I just stared at Wario's ugly face for a few hours, 'cause it looked so cool! :D
when i was younger i was already spoiled by the multible endings of the previous 3 games and wario land 4 also went back to multinle endings so it was very anticlimactic for me. to each their own i guess.

The Ware series is usually the one that gets "gimmicky". Shake It is the only one that ended up gimmicky and even then not so much.

Something inbetween the style's of Wario Land 3 and 4. I liked the whole replay and discover new things in levels that WL3 had, but I also want Wario to have a life meter of some sort.

I can't really see the whole "Can't die" thing from WL2 and 3 coming back since I think that WL3 took that concept and idea as far as it could go.

• Agree
Reactions: 607
I actually had an idea of making WL 3D but more different than Wario World as in it's less of a combat style beat em up and more so like 2/3, for instance you'd be invincible and levels would be large and vast. The HUB I can best compare to SM64 if anything where you unlock more as you go on, probably from more gold you collect, You are able to leave levels at any point without getting to the boss but you won't get a key for instance if the "big door" requires one.

Level architecture would be things you definently wouldn't see in the Mario Universe otherwise.

Then again: This is only my first itteration of the idea.

Back