Prefered Original GameBoy screen colour?

What GB colour?

• Total voters
While I will say Black & White is by far the superior choice IMO. (Plus that was how games were intended to be played in to begin with.)
The Black & Green color scheme does have a certain charm to it that I can't deny. and even on the 3DS virtual console, I tend to switch to the Black/Green color
From time to time because It just has that charm to it that Black & White doesn't have (I really like how Nintendo made that an option on the Gameboy Virtual Console.)

Black and white? How would that be possible?

I think it just means whether you prefer the original black and green screen of the Game Boy, or the black and white screen of the Game Boy Pocket. Personally, I enjoy using both handhelds, as well as the Super Game Boy. I have a lot of favourite GB games, so I love to mix it up. (I don't like playing on 3DS emulation, though. Uncomfortable.)

gfs_38600_1_1.jpg
Monster%20Max%20%28Europe%29.jpg
latest
104794-donkey-kong-land-2-game-boy-screenshot-title-screen-in-super.png

Last edited:
I think it just means whether you prefer the original black and green screen of the Game Boy, or the black and white screen of the Game Boy Pocket. Personally, I enjoy using both handhelds, as well as the Super Game Boy. I have a lot of favourite GB games, so I love to mix it up. (I don't like playing on 3DS emulation, though. Uncomfortable.)

gfs_38600_1_1.jpg
Monster%20Max%20%28Europe%29.jpg
latest
104794-donkey-kong-land-2-game-boy-screenshot-title-screen-in-super.png

Glad to see that you like Donkey Kong Land 2. A great game, but it should be played on a Super Game Boy for maximum enjoyment.

Glad to see that you like Donkey Kong Land 2. A great game, but it should be played on a Super Game Boy for maximum enjoyment.

Well, I'm sure people are tired of me saying it, but I was born and bred on the Donkey Kong Land trilogy. I have a special 'relationship' with each one. Heheh. And you're dead right, JAWF. The Super Game Boy is the best way to go, since all three games were built with it in mind.

Last edited:
Well, I'm sure people are tired of me saying it, but I was born and bred on the Donkey Kong Land trilogy. I have a special 'relationship' with each one. Heheh. And you're dead right, JAWF. The Super Game Boy is the best way to go, since all three games were built with it in mind.
It turns out I never knew what the Super Game Boy was. I had heard of it, but never looked into it. That's cool, but I haven't got an SNES.

Back