ROM Hack: Wario Land 3: The Master Quest!

Nintendo is "attacking" those who post soundtracks of their games and after what I read on this

I could become a potential target since all my videos have no commentary!

Nintendo is "attacking" those who post soundtracks of their games and after what I read on this

I could become a potential target since all my videos have no commentary!

2019-10-17 (2).png

Found Magma

also, wouldn't this post belong more in the Social Thread or something? Besides Nintendo being a cunt about most of their copyrighted Materia this doesn't have much to do with Waa Land 3 2

Due to changes to COPPA, all my videos have been deleted to save myself from fines! Don't worry though, I have back-ups, and may upload them somewhere else! Unfortunately, Wario Land 4 Demo Code Videos #2-4 have been lost as I seem to not have kept them after uploading them... I will have to re-record them someday!

Last edited:
Wait, why did you do that ? You could just change the audience setting in youtube studio, for the whole channel.

edit : nevermind, it seems to be a more serious problem than I originally thought ...

edit2 : or not ... Thinking a bit instead of going right on the panic train, I realized something : getting straight to the fines without having the time to report an error or explain ourselves in a way or another within ytb's system would be the most retarded thing in the universe.

Last edited:
You can post the videos here. This COPPA insanity isn't something that should affect Wario Forums. At least, we're not gonna let it affect Wario Forums.

And honestly? It won't affect those on YouTube either. YouTube screwed up, not the creators there. They'll likely be the ones in the firing line here.

Don't worry about it.

Nah, they can't. So as far as I know, it shouldn't, and if they try, you could probably tell them to go pound sand or whatever.

As an extention of ShyGuyXXL's question: Does it also affect people who live in US territories like Puerto Rico, Guam, et cetera?
Not that I live there, but I am wondering as to how far they can go with this BS.

That's a bit more interesting. I'd presume those might be under US law since they're US territories, but it's always been a bit of a grey area in regards to those types of areas.

Also, any interesting plans for the mod @Tiger21820?

I hardly touched the hack since I released version 003 in June! My motivation for hacking Wario Land 3: The Master Quest has completely vanished, so don't expect any updates for a VERY long time, or even at all! As of right now, the only updates will be changes to the Hall of Fame at the end of the credits!

This image pretty much sums it up:
full

Last edited:
Guess what! Just re-completed Wario Land 3: The Master Quest with only 169 restarts! :wargh2: That's 136 less restarts than my previous best, 305!

Unfortunately, I have decided to cancel the contest here on Wario Forums, due to the hack not being as successful as I once hoped it would... I posted a VERY small update on my forum (Release #004), but from where it stands, I may not be working on hack any longer until it gains more support... To everyone who supported the hack up to this point, thank you very much! This isn't the end of Wario's Master Quest in the Music Box, but right now, Wario needs a break from it! Someday (guaranteed!), I will resume work on it! But, for now, I think I will support Blanchon's LUA WL3 hack, as it looks very promising! I also want to get into hacking Wario Land 4 once the editor gets a bit more refined! I may make a few random hacks with random changes here and there, and post them here, and on my own forum!

Here is the link to Blanchon's Wario Land 3 LUA hack topic: Wario Land 3 romhack with LUA flavour

Last edited:
Guess what! Just re-completed Wario Land 3: The Master Quest with only 169 restarts! :wargh2: That's 136 less restarts than my previous best, 305!

Unfortunately, I have decided to cancel the contest here on Wario Forums, due to the hack not being as successful as I once hoped it would... I posted a VERY small update on my forum (Release #004), but from where it stands, I may not be working on hack any longer until it gains more support... To everyone who supported the hack up to this point, thank you very much! This isn't the end of Wario's Master Quest in the Music Box, but right now, Wario needs a break from it! Someday (guaranteed!), I will resume work on it! But, for now, I think I will support Blanchon's LUA WL3 hack, as it looks very promising! I also want to get into hacking Wario Land 4 once the editor gets a bit more refined! I may make a few random hacks with random changes here and there, and post them here, and on my own forum!

Here is the link to Blanchon's Wario Land 3 LUA hack topic: Wario Land 3 romhack with LUA flavour
Welcome to the WL4 Club

A few things I want to experiment with are frog blocks and moving the frog switch to different places! Frog switches and frog blocks will need a layout that will work with all three difficulties, unless I am using just one or two!
I have been playing a lot of Wario Land 4 for a while this month!

Nice to see you're interested in modding Wario Land 4, though it's disappointing to see you're dropping work on Master Quest in the meantime. There's definitely promise in it, you just need to design the levels more around Wario's abilities and the puzzle solving mechanics of the core game rather than trying to make it so... kaizo like.

I am considering removing the hack from romhacking.net, and making it a Nintendo 3DS Central and Wario Forums exclusive... I really never ment for the hack to be a widespread release, so I am thinking about removing it there…

Last edited:
Why? People might not have been too kind to it, but you live and learn.

And it didn't exactly go down in infamy either. People just felt it could be better.

Should I? I could leave it up there, but just not post any updates, or at least minor ones! It is a hack that will never become 'complete' or 'final', nor should any ever expect it to! While the project is still in hiatus (I couldn’t resume, even if I wanted to, my computer is broken… could I sell it for scrap to Wario perhaps?), I still plan to keep making changes every now and again and releasing new versions if the changes are significant enough! With a broken computer however, there definitely won’t be any updates or Release #005 for a while! I still want at least one person to complete it 100% and have him/her on the hall of fame in the credits before I wake it up from it’s slumber! If I can get at least one completionist on the credits, then I know that further development might be worth it! Since the first release of the hack in 2017, someone is still yet to complete it 100% and report it here! You have to be a Wario Forums (This is the main website for the hack) or Nintendo 3DS Central Forums member to be put on the credits, since this is a hack made specificaly for Wario Forums!

I won’t withdraw the hack from romhacking.net, I will mostly post releases on Wario Forums and Nintendo 3DS Central Forums!

I’m over it now! :GBWario: I do want to make more changes soon!

Last edited:
Update: Since there have been others who have done speedruns as well as a 100% run of this hack and uploaded them onto YouTube, these videos have effectively been rendered obsolete, as they come from an obsolete version of the hack! As such, the uploading of parts 3 & 4 have been canceled!

Well, it's been a while since I took down my Wario Land 3 Master Quest 100% Playthrough videos from YouTube due to "reasons", but I recently decided to re-upload them at a place where they can be preserved for all eternity, where there is no threat of take downs, channel strikes that kill your channel, or content ID, and what better place to upload them to than the Internet Archive! It will be a 4 part series of around 5 episodes per part per two days (since it taking longer watching them upload on your screen than watching grass grow in your backyard!)! So YEEEEEEEAH!

By the way, this video series is based on Release 003, I plan to record ANOTHER playthrough (May the Faerie of Frozen Flame have mercy on us all) on (Maybe) Release 005, so you may look forward to that as well! Those will be on the Internet Archive too! YouTube is OVER!

Current upload status:
Part 1 (Episodes 0 to 4): OK!

Part 2 (Episodes 6 to 10): OK!
Wario Land 3: The Master Quest (Release 003) 100% Playthrough by Tiger21820! (Part 2) : Tiger21820 : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Part 3 (Episodes 11 to 14): CANCELED
Part 4 (Episodes 15 to 16.5): CANCELED

Link to the Nintendo 3DS Central version: Wario Land 3: The Master Quest 100% Playthrough Video Re-Upload! - Nintendo 3DS Central
Link to the Gaming Latest version: Wario Land 3: The Master Quest!

Last edited:
Back