[Fan Content] Share "This song but it sounds like a Wario stage" type remixes here!

tahutoa

Has "it." Fragile musician. Odd, means well.
Like the other thread for Wario remixes, only this one is the inverse of that concept: for example, instead of "Rudy the Clown in the style of Metallica," it's "Johnny B Good in the style of Wario Land 4," y'feel me?
In other words, I'm creating this thread because rarely are my "Wario remixes" remixes of Wario, but rather remixes with Wario.

Examples include that remix of MJ's Bad that I did in the style of Portal, the WarioWare stage select menu.

wait. but. but I posted that.
On one hand, I'm fuckin' over the moon that something of mine was posted in a thread by someone without that someone being me
But on the other hand I *almost* wish it was someone else's because I've heard it before :p

Taken straight from NSMB's .nds ROM, which was so kindly given to me by ChocolateJake (dunno if he's got a diff. username on here or what, but he happensto be a member), and exported as MIDI. Uhhhh I have a copy of the game so it's legal but I can't exactly download the rom anymore, so yeah.
The Daows going on for too long towards the end wasn't really something I could fix w/o a bunch of extra effort, and it's late currently. Hope it sounds alright, but whatever, I'm going to bed. Hope you likeeee

Attachments

• BGM_WAATHLETIC.mp3
    2.3 MB · Views: 587
Cousin of the Mean Emcee, twice removed.

I always wonder why clown costumes still persist outside of Rodeos. Something like three-four generations of people grow up with a fear of them, yet they stick around because these people grow up and realize that they too are also human and are like whatever... leaving the next generation to repeat the process. You at least gotta keep it simple-- simple and not terrifying. In other words, you're only allowed to draw attention to one facial feature at a time before the uncanny valley is approached. Like Kingdom Hearts, but instead of Sword, Shield, Staff, it's Clown Nose, Lipstick+Swirly Cheek Makeup, Face Paint floating on pedestals beneath the misty light.
Using stark white, pure red, and midnight black for the full-on face paint is disallowed though because that's freaky as hell-- red means anger and extreme paleness alludes to being sickly/dead in nature, and black draws attention to the eyes, which makes the feeling of being stared at amplify, and since kids go by instinct those are all no-go's.

Instrumentation of Carnival Kerfuffle (From Cuphead)

Attachments

• WAAnival Kerfuffle.mp3
    3.6 MB · Views: 522
Last edited:
The Spooky Attic-- extracted and exported as MIDI, from March of the Minis, made to sound like a Spooky WAAttic-- kind of sounds like Mystic Lake meets Domino Row

Attachments

• The Spooky WAAttic.mp3
    3.8 MB · Views: 582
The Spooky Attic-- extracted and exported as MIDI, from March of the Minis, made to sound like a Spooky WAAttic-- kind of sounds like Mystic Lake meets Domino Row

Very nice! The organ in the background starting at 0:46 sounds great.
BTW, can you make another spooky cover with the instruments from Hotel Horror?

Very nice! The organ in the background starting at 0:46 sounds great.
BTW, can you make another spooky cover with the instruments from Hotel Horror?
Of the Spooky Attic, I assume?

Edit: It is done. Nowhere near as full-sounding as the other one (much less the original), but then Hotel Horror also sounds a little "empty," so I can't really do much on that front. Changed the key from G to C and slowed down the tempo to match Hotel Horror's-- also, (unrelated but) how cool is it that Hotel Horror is a location in Crescent Moon Village? That's one of my favorite little things about WL4, honestly.
Edit: oh, apparently there was a debate on the forums about that

Attachments

• SEQ_MM7C.mp3
    2.2 MB · Views: 554
Last edited:
"Lecture," in which the paper-ified Pac-Man dons his college cap to pass on his knowledge.
1540270670382.png

Attachments

• Lecture_Waa.mp3
    2.4 MB · Views: 515
I don't know if I'll ever finish it, but I figured I may as well post what I did have somewhere, since the effort I put in ended up sounding sooo dope, dude. So, just now, I finished the pitch-bending for the lyrics part finally, then added in some Waa guitars, which I think for the most part ended up making the guitar section sound better than what I had there before. Still no substitute for actual electric guitars by far, but for what it's worth I think it sounds alright :O

Attachments

• Du WAAst.mp3
    983.3 KB · Views: 485
I don't know if I'll ever finish it, but I figured I may as well post what I did have somewhere, since the effort I put in ended up sounding sooo dope, dude. So, just now, I finished the pitch-bending for the lyrics part finally, then added in some Waa guitars, which I think for the most part ended up making the guitar section sound better than what I had there before. Still no substitute for actual electric guitars by far, but for what it's worth I think it sounds alright :O

Hahaha! This is genious! Before I read the title again, I thought it was going to be WAHndstorm, but I'm not disappointed!

W

((This one's pretty old, and definitely not my MIDI, but it sounded decent from what I remember))

Attachments

• Kiki no WAAsadu.mp3
    1.4 MB · Views: 494
((Just bringing this over from the Wario Land remixes forum))

Here are two Wario Land 4 mixes I did of Mother 3, using MIDIs taken from that "Ultimate Mother 3 Rip." I had to do a little bit of repairing to pitch-bending and the like, but the results are pretty alright :Y

Attachments

• Rock and Roll (Mild).mp3
    1.1 MB · Views: 523
Back