[Fan Content] Share "This song but it sounds like a Wario stage" type remixes here!

Here's the one I did entirely this morning, leading into the early afternoon: the fact that there's a 'face inside another, toothy face' thing as one of the decorations was really rather serendipitous, given the song I chose. Also, unlike the other WL4II tracks posted so far, I made this one from scratch.

Holy crap, these new compositions are really solid! @tahutoa The only thing I think isn't perfect is the tempo of the piano-like instrument in the Uncovered Lake Indoor version. A slower pace would be better IMO.

Holy crap, these new compositions are really solid! @tahutoa The only thing I think isn't perfect is the tempo of the piano-like instrument in the Uncovered Lake Indoor version. A slower pace would be better IMO.
If you're talking about the arpeggio then yeah, but I coul-- well. Hold on.
Does this fix the problem? (I've been meaning to update the soundcloud upload anyway)

BTW, they're not my compositions, they're just arrangements of pre-existing MIDIs, for the most part.

Attachments

• Unused Song 2_4.mp3
    4.2 MB · Views: 363
Last edited:
It's better now.
So that fixed the problem, then, it was the arpeggio?
And it wasn't that I "slowed down" the tempo, what I did was change the Snap-To Grid from 1/6 to 1/4 for the 2nd and 4th notes in every arpeggio, which I made a diff. color from notes 1 & 3. That def. had an effect on the swing, and yes I do agree, it now has made the song as a whole sound less awkward. But, anyway, if anything, that sped it up. Of course, because they sound off sooner, it ironically makes it sound slower. Which is kind of cool to think about.

Last edited:
Finally fleshed out that one 8-Bit riff I (think I) heard somewhere and never remembered if it came from something or if I dreamed it.
Anyway, it's like, an actual song, now. Pretty catchy, too, if I do say so myself, even if it is (appropriately) 8-bit levels of simple.

I stole the Rudy bass riff btw. It was supposed to be a placeholder but it fit too well so I kept it (and made it my own for the second part).

Attachments

• Uhh Boss Theme.mp3
    924.1 KB · Views: 384
Last edited:

And there's a bonus:

Attachments

• Pokey WAAnts You Dead.mp3
    3.3 MB · Views: 378
Last edited:
((@MarioSpore))

To clarify, this MIDI wasn't by me. It was by that one "Lukee" bloke, or whatever his name was. I just made the arrangement and added
in all the sound effects. Who would'a suspected that the "Okay!" from Doodle Woods would make such a cool backup for the bass?

(eeehhhh might as well; @stupidface too)

Attachments

• heW orldR evolvingT.mp3
    3.1 MB · Views: 375
Last edited:

Assuming there are any of you who will want to listen to this on repeat, I'm including an edited .mp3
catered for loop-playing in Audacity. Here's hoping the program didn't add any unnecessary silence.

Attachments

• Blossom Wah-some Loop.mp3
    1.2 MB · Views: 384
Nice, thanks for the information. There's something with square waves that makes me like them more than any other waveform. (except for maybe the sine waves emitted by large triphase transformers, but that's technical, not musical.)
Now we're at it anyway, what's that note that's played in this song at 0:49?

I'm pretty sure it's (mostly pure) square wave with heavy vibrato. The Shovel Knight OST is pure gold for 8-bit chiptune lovers like me.

Nice, thanks for the information. There's something with square waves that makes me like them more than any other waveform. (except for maybe the sine waves emitted by large triphase transformers, but that's technical, not musical.)
Now we're at it anyway, what's that instrument that's played in this song at 0:49?

I'm pretty sure it's (mostly pure) square wave with heavy vibrato. The Shovel Knight OST is pure gold for 8-bit chiptune lovers like me.

sadhashdsadkha
GODAAMMIT jawf
that aint a square wave, you silly bastard
that's a 12.5% (I think it may have a Square behind it though. I could just be hearing things)
The lead at the start of the loop is a 25%, then the bit where it makes an octave jump is a 12.5%. Kaufman was sneaky in that regard, because the octave jump disguises that there was an instrument change at all in & of itself, or to the point where I had to make sure which was which in FL, anyway.

sadhashdsadkha
GODAAMMIT jawf
that aint a square wave, you silly bastard
that's a 12.5% (I think it may have a Square behind it though. I could just be hearing things)
The lead at the start of the loop is a 25%, then the bit where it makes an octave jump is a 12.5%. Kaufman was sneaky in that regard, because the octave jump disguises that there was an instrument change at all in & of itself, or to the point where I had to make sure which was which in FL, anyway.

That note at 0:49 and the ones preceding it do sound to have a full 50% subtly added to them, as I can definitely hear more than one block width in them, but as you said, it might just be an auditory illusion. The vibrato effect (FM?) doesn't make it any more easy to determine.

Now we're at it anyway, what's that specific timbre of audible air vibrations that's played in this song at 0:49?

:p

"Whaaat?!!?! Fight me if you want, Shrimp!! I'm-a gonna win!"
[ Information: Prevent Wario from reaching the Frog Statue and making Crescent Moon Village unstable! ]
"Your stupid door-unlocker won't do nothin'!! ......What kind of weapon is a giant key anyway??? You look ridiculous!!!"

Last edited:
"Whaaat?!!?! Fight me if you want, Shrimp!! I'm-a gonna win!"
[ Information: Prevent Wario from reaching the Frog Statue and making Crescent Moon Village unstable! ]
"Your stupid door-unlocker won't do nothin'!! ......What kind of weapon is a giant key anyway??? You look ridiculous!!!"

Apparently I forgot to post the KH Waarangement that halfway convinced me to go through with posting that one.

Back