[Fan Content] Share "This song but it sounds like a Wario stage" type remixes here!

An original tune, intended to sound like the beats for a Rap Tracc

I was thinking about asking Koko to make some lyrics for it before finding out she disapparated ':U

And to wrap up this session of posts, two ditties which I then turned into hypothetical microgame themes.

i describe how this game would work in that microgames thread from a little while back

i struggled to think of an idea for what the second one would even be (hence why the url just says microgame 2), but as i was imagining what the graphics
for the 1st game would look like, inspiration struck-- it was pretty late, and you all know how I get.
Decent tune nonetheless.

Last edited:
I've got two versions of this tune: one that uses Wildflower Nylon and another that uses Arabian Nights BG for the guitars.
It's up to you guys which version ends up on SC, because I'm pretty torn.

Attachments

• I'm Only Sleeping_alt.mp3
    2.7 MB · Views: 307
  • I'm Only Sleeping_3.mp3
    2.7 MB · Views: 284
Two other tunes from the Beatles: both of which I had to hassle my mother into letting play all the way through, yesterday. She said both of them sucked and/or were hokey. PIGGIE WIVES with PIGGIE FORKS AND KNIVES though, how can you NOT like that
I also posted the latest track for Wario Land 4 II here.

Attachments

• Piggies.mp3
    1.7 MB · Views: 333
Last edited:
AUGH!! I hate these things!!!! ....You think being frozen solid will stop ME?!?! Think again!!
As soon as I break out of this ice again, I'm throwing you straight into the ocean, chump!!!!

Today, I challenged stupidface to recreate Phoenix Arena from Tak and the Power of Juju. He agreed, but on a condition: I would have to create a waarangement in return, which is fair enough, and in addition now I don't feel quite so bad about just up and placing such a task on his desk (like nigga have you heard that song? Badassetry aside you need muhfuggin' Monster Iestyn levels of talent to make an accurate MIDI outta dat shiz.
(to be fair though that is exactly why I approached him in the first place.)

So here's a song from "Gumshoe", a game for the NES which uses the Zapper, apparently. For @stupidface my #darlingdick

there are two more wamixes that I've completed for this game but sshhh

Last edited:
Some mp3s for waarangements which have yet to see the light of day. ...By which I mean release on SC.
The first two are tunes considered for Toxic Landfill and Arabian Nights, respectively, though the original reason for Waacophony's inception was because it too has been considered for Toxic Landfill

@stupidface your thoughts? You've already done Waacophany, but all that did was make me value your input more ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Attachments

• Crazy Train.mp3
    7.2 MB · Views: 295
  • PrinceWAAli.mp3
    2.5 MB · Views: 271
  • Crocodile Waacophony.mp3
    1.7 MB · Views: 286
  • ATV JAWFroad Fury.mp3
    2.3 MB · Views: 311
Last edited:

By the way what is that organ called that you used for this? Whenever I used to play the keyboards at music class, I played with this particular Hammond-like tone. The keyboard was a Yamaha if I was correct. I always associate organ sounds like this with pretty memories from those music classes, that's why I'm asking.

By the way what is that organ called that you used for this? Whenever I used to play the keyboards at music class, I played with this particular Hammond-like tone. The keyboard was a Yamaha if I was correct. I always associate organ sounds like this with pretty memories from those music classes, that's why I'm asking.
It's [115,2], which I'd dubbed "Sp-p-pooky Organ" within the soundfont's files. From what the Music Man for Pizza Tower told me, a number of the instruments from WL4 are taken from the Roland SC-8820, so it's not too farfetched to think the organ's preset may utilise that exact sample.

Thank you to @stupidface for teaching me-- well, more or less-- how to 8-bitify picturez like how I've done for the thumbnail here.

tahutoa said:
Currently challenging myself with "Showwwtiiiiiime..." by using the sound effects for Wario's car instead of regular percussion. It's really helping to capture that really hard, sort of tribal, African feel that the original's drums give off, know what'm sayin'. As a nice little bonus, on top of that the release times for these sound effects are nice and drawn-out, coinciding with the reverberant qualities exercised in the original.

Last edited:
Four waarrangements, all of which were created for the sake of resident fan project Waa Land 42
To my knowledge, MS has heard only one of them so far, and that was an old version to boot :/
but here they are

Attachments

• Doodlecture.mp3
    1.5 MB · Views: 276
  • Room 52.mp3
    1.6 MB · Views: 264
  • Leaking Motor.mp3
    2.5 MB · Views: 347
  • Wamek's Library.mp3
    708.6 KB · Views: 251
Back