[Fan Content] Share "This song but it sounds like a Wario stage" type remixes here!

I've finally come to a conclusion as to whether a song should be designated as a Waamix or a Waarangement.
okay, so apparently defining any of these tunes as a waamix is flatout incorrect. Waarangement is the proper term for ALL of them.
forum.starmen.net said:
A “remix” by its nature, involves taking an original recording and editing the recording itself. An arrangement is taking a song that is written for a specific medium, and altering the composition so that is used for another medium.
Google's 3rd definition for Arrangement said:
a composition adapted for performance with different instruments or voices than those originally specified.
In retrospect, this actually makes total sense, because mixing is doing alterations for a song, like, to its levels and stuff, so, ergo, remixing would (and should) be doing the same thing, but to the final output from the first time around-- like exporting an FL project to mp3 and fucking with it in Audacity like I've done a couple times. So, things like Mashups technically count as remixes, and really, these days-- well, along with those "song but beats 2 and 4 are swapped" things-- are probably the only things coming out today that should be considered as such.

So, in other words, I retract that former statement. ...To be honest I'm kind of glad because "waamix" is a fucking pungent designation, and because of that descriptor I just used, ironically is not that pungent at all: it doesn't sound anything like "remix" besides the last three letters.
List of acceptable spellings (by frequency of usage) said:
1. Waarangement
2. Wahrangement
3. Warrangement
Also (and this bit is important): I argue that songs like Wario Land 4 II's versions of Doodle Woods and Fiery Cavern, despite the only changes being the import of Pac-Pix's "Lecture" and Lost Spatula's "Rock Bottom" for use as replacement melody lines, may still count as waarangements rather than regular arrangements, because they are technically waarangements of the two previously mentioned songs, they just lean a lot more towards the Wario side than the other. In other words, they would be considered "rips" for WL4 and not the game that their melody comes from. Of course, you could argue that this is exactly why you wouldn't refer to them as waarangements, since the Wario part makes up the backbone of the project. It's up for debate, I think, so if you have anything to add to whether songs like the aforementioned Fury Rock count, feel free.

All of my tracks that use Wario will be added to the Waarangement playlist because of their nature as songs using a Wario soundfont, however not all of them will be tagged as waarangements, just like how not all of them will be tagged as waamixes. As far as THAT nomenclature goes, my previous doctrine still stands: songs like "Wildfire Fields" will still be tagged as waamixes despite technically being a waarangement.
TL;DR: all songs that have original instruments replaced with Wario sf2's (WL1/2/3, WL4, MoD, WarioWare) are technically waarangements, songs that were from Wario to begin with, but have replaced melody lines (ex: WL4II's Fury Rock), are not, they are "rips". Most waarangements will also be tagged as "waamixes", if only for the sake of the layman/streamlining the differentiation process. Waarangements that go beyond the call of duty, meaning they affect the sound more drastically (ex: WL4II's Toy Block Tower), will not, they will be only be tagged as waarangements.

so yeah uh i've pretty much created a doctrine for this. Once I revise the previous statement to line up with this one, I'll have an official doctrine on my hands for this sort of thing to follow.

Last edited:
Testing out one of these "PKCS certificates" which I converted to .mid with that amped up version of vgmtrans. Obnoxiously enough, niceties like "modulation" seem to get lost in translation. But I was able to make do.

Also, it's been storming today (starting around when I'd gotten that last pic. I was surprised it turned out so well given that we were moving at the time), and starting around ~6pm by my count the weather started looking very reminiscent of Sigma Stage 1, funnily enough.

Edit: added another mp3 that features a reasonable facsimile of MMX's Reverb. PS, if anyone can tell me how to better recreate this effect, please do so.

Attachments

• SigWah Stage 1.mp3
    1 MB · Views: 466
  • 20190609_200036.jpg
    20190609_200036.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 449
  • 20190609_195958.jpg
    20190609_195958.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 429
  • 20190609_141807.jpg
    20190609_141807.jpg
    972.6 KB · Views: 446
  • sigma stage 1 (reverb).mp3
    1 MB · Views: 470
Last edited:
Here's a waarangement of Herb Alpert's Rise that I did for my grandmother last month:

And some more Mega Waan X for you all

and that same song, but at 0.707x speed, because it also sounds quite dope-- really brings out the Daow accompaniment I put together for the third section

In reply to Xander Martin's "Golden Diva's Rage" tracc.

Attachments

• Androssnut 'WAccurate'.mp3
    1.7 MB · Views: 423
I got inspired after talking about Big Blue in another thread (which, somewhat ironically, only happened because I had this song open in FL Studio already).

:wariocaralt:
Update: I got a second version for y'all to enjoy. I think it's of a higher calibre than the first version.

Attachments

• Big Wariue.mp3
    939.7 KB · Views: 429
  • Big Wariue V2.mp3
    939.7 KB · Views: 418
Last edited:
Been wanting to cover this track with Wario instruments for a loooong time, because when I got the idea the instrument choices fell into place so goddamn hard the earth shook, but at the time I lacked the patience to go through the whole song by ear. Thankfully, with the help of .spc's, I didn't have to. Hooray for reference files!

The upload also includes a link to the original song choice for the credits, which unfortunately sounds like shit if you use anything but Twisted's preset for the piano, making a port impossible ;( As an extra kicker slash explanation for why I didn't just give you the SC for that too, said Twisted piano is so fucking close to the original that I got a copyright strike when I posted it on SoundCloud. hArr, a personal highlight of my recreationist career that was. ...y'know. Ironically enough.

Last edited:

Super Metroid Brinstar, one of the few ideas from my Wario Land 4 Bonus Stage series that actually could fit as an in-game level

(The only question is how heavily the Emerald, Ruby and Entry Passages' level tilesets, among possibly others, would have to be modified)

And now for an obvious Metroid upgrade to Fiery Caverns:

Last edited:
Been wanting to cover this track with Wario instruments for a loooong time, because when I got the idea the instrument choices fell into place so goddamn hard the earth shook, but at the time I lacked the patience to go through the whole song by ear. Thankfully, with the help of .spc's, I didn't have to. Hooray for reference files!

The upload also includes a link to the original song choice for the credits, which unfortunately sounds like shit if you use anything but Twisted's preset for the piano, making a port impossible ;( As an extra kicker slash explanation for why I didn't just give you the SC for that too, said Twisted piano is so fucking close to the original that I got a copyright strike when I posted it on SoundCloud. hArr, a personal highlight of my recreationist career that was. ...y'know. Ironically enough.

Did you draw inspiration from House of the Rising Sun for this track? It sounds an awful lot like it, and that title and organ solo can't be a coincidence.

Did you draw inspiration from House of the Rising Sun for this track? It sounds an awful lot like it, and that title and organ solo can't be a coincidence.
It's Kirby Super Star, man, I dunno, never heard it

Edit: oh, never mind, I have heard it before. I can see why you would think that, but you'd have to ask the Kirby guy about that, know what'm sayin'
Chances are, it's probably one of those cases like with TV Shows, how they'll have a "ripoff" version of Star Wars to avoid copyright issues.

Last edited:
Back