[Fan Content] Share "This song but it sounds like a Wario stage" type remixes here!

What song did you use for the rip? :)
cheeky little bitch :gdisgruntled:

It's hotline bling by Drake, however it's been given a serious leitmotifing treatment, so it's hard to tell. Thing is, right, I didn't really want to do all that much with it, because I love the aesthetic of the original Puzzle Room too goddamn much to risk destroying, so I kind of tread lightly in a lot of places.

Halloween 2 from Cave Story, as used for the infamous Devil's Garden level from its Jenka's Nightmare expansion hack:

(also mixed with Crescent Moon Village as well)

Fucking fab

The Hall of Hieroglyphs organ's role is already filled by the Square, though, and at certain high notes the loop's sheer speed makes the loop sound like crap, ya foo'! So, if you found a way to maybe swap that around with something for the high parts, or maybe change the Hall of Hieroglyphs to a [19,2] Bass Organ and move the whole channel down by an octave, I think it could sound that much better, especially since it'd make the finale sound less overcrowded, know what'm sayin'

Would like to do something like this, but Sonic Pi uses Samples, not MIDI's.
Know where I can get some WAARIOOO samples?
(Tried Sounds Resource - got nuthin.)

@CM30 @CaptainDrewBoy another song I did by memory (as a matter of fact, I actually did it before the Cannoli theme). Can't remember if I got the number of notes for the chords correct, but I do know that I got the chords themselves right. Which is good, considering I usually can't remember them for shit past the uppermost line. I kept correcting and recorrecting the second-highest line, not knowing that there was actually three : phoenixwright-mybad :
I also forgot that there was a Hi-Hat in the original, somehow, but I was thinking it sounded a little empty...

fuck i forgot to hit post. OH WELL, I was gonna come back to this thread anyway, because I was going to make it known that I posted an update to my Voya Nui Bay waarangement. It is now 100% Wario Land 4, firstly, and on top of that it also utilizes a little bit'a Delay, the Crash cymbal has the proper shhHHHHEEWw, shhHHHHEEWw effect, AND you can tell where the song is set to loop now

okay, so aNOTHER few hours later, I'm finally able to hit post. The reason I was delayed this time was because of some BeyyooteefuL!! sprite edits I made while making the Hotel thumbnail

Last edited:
@CM30 @CaptainDrewBoy another song I did by memory (as a matter of fact, I actually did it before the Cannoli theme). Can't remember if I got the number of notes for the chords correct, but I do know that I got the chords themselves right. Which is good, considering I usually can't remember them for shit past the uppermost line. I kept correcting and recorrecting the second-highest line, not knowing that there was actually three :phoenixwright-mybad:
I also forgot that there was a Hi-Hat in the original, somehow, but I was thinking it sounded a little empty...

fuck i forgot to hit post. OH WELL, I was gonna come back to this thread anyway, because I was going to make it known that I posted an update to my Voya Nui Bay waarangement. It is now 100% Wario Land 4, firstly, and on top of that it also utilizes a little bit'a Delay, the Crash cymbal has the proper shhHHHHEEWw, shhHHHHEEWw effect, AND you can tell where the song is set to loop now

okay, so aNOTHER few hours later, I'm finally able to hit post. The reason I was delayed this time was because of some BeyyooteefuL!! sprite edits I made while making the Hotel thumbnail
View attachment 11063
View attachment 11064
View attachment 11065

Cool stuff! Where does the first song come from?
(Thanks for invalidating my super-cool edit by changing your avatar btw.
Just kidding, I don't care enough to complain.)

We've finally got a CMV for Waa Land Forty-Two, boys.
Let me know if you liked it, because I feel like I should be prouder, and could use the encouragement :-/

EDIT:
Zombie Wario version:warioshakeit::wariochomp:

Last edited:

That electric guitar is what happens when you mix the ukulele from :palmtreeparadise: with Fruity Blood Overdrive. Surprisingly, one of the most conducive acoustic guitar sounds WL4 has to offer, as far as applying outside distortion effects goes. ...I'm really proud of the icons I made for this one.

According to Supper Mario Broth it does anyway. Another boss theme plays during the European one that's not present in the Japanese or North American versions of the game.

I've attached the tune to this topic.
:warioisshocked:HUT-TAH!!

Go to the actual upload page for a link to an alt. mix in the style of Face Lift :nosejump:

ah dammit, wrong thread, I meant to post this in the other one. oh well, i'll leave it here for y'all anyway

Last edited:
Back