[Fan Content] Share "This song but it sounds like a Wario stage" type remixes here!

What's next? "Wario dies in a nuclear blast while eating X", I guess?
i actually find those memes kind of trite myself, these days, but i decided to name it that because A) it's a bit of a lampshade on how i realized this was basically one of those posts after I'd finished working on it, and 2) other people are NOT tired of them because they haven't been completely run into the ground yet, so I'm more likely to get patronage this way

also, in case you don't know, it's a recreation of this

i actually find those memes kind of trite myself, these days, but i decided to name it that because A) it's a bit of a lampshade on how i realized this was basically one of those posts after I'd finished working on it, and 2) other people are NOT tired of them because they haven't been completely run into the ground yet, so I'm more likely to get patronage this way

also, in case you don't know, it's a recreation of this

Memes like this one tend to be - despite beign quite funny IMO - quite short-lived, because there will be lots of people without any "meme talent", so to speak, who will make videos that aren't really clever or funny, thereby unintentionally flooding the "memebase" with lots of poor quality memes, thus making the meme die out quickly.
This happened with the Coffin Dance meme too: it used to be funny, but then, as to be expected, many people, trying to catch in on the meme, began uploading videos that deviated too much from the original concept, in this case by taking the "implied fatal accident" element very loosely, opening the way for many more people to do the exact same thing, radically different from what the creators originally intended, and what made it funny in the first place.

Who's that guy in the first picture?
the Did You Know Gaming frontrunner, Shane. This one other guy who knew him, Balrog, used that (former) profile picture of Shane's as a reaction image, sliding it into frame down in the left corner while saying "h'what?", in response to some ridiculous thing involving Sony I think? Ever since then, though, that crop of that image has become an Effigy of Incredulousness for me

Back