[Fan Content] Share "This song but it sounds like a Wario stage" type remixes here!

It's a Friday Funkin' Night inspired song.
More than inspired-- it's a cover of one of its songs.
Where's the original song from?
Week 6 of FNF (as Spike mentioned). I've also covered the 3rd song, Thorns, but I'm still not quite ready to release it yet. I want to touch up the vocals some more. With Shokora* it's more of which consonant/vowels sound the best at what time. With Wario, it's that, but ALSO a balancing act of "how much would I have to pitch-bend this sound to reach this note, will its timbre stray too far" and getting notes that are more on the legato side to not sound like shit, because the samples themselves will bend down in pitch in some cases.

The formant/timbre thing also is a major factor with Shokora's samples, come to think, but the effect of going too far in either direction takes longer to become blatant (probably because it's just A Voice and doesn't have as distinct a character), so getting that right isn't quite so make or break like with Wario. Plus, none of the DD* samples are legato to begin with, so that aspect I didn't worry about much with her.

*I say Shokora, but I really mean "Dungeon Dilemma." The singer of Drifting Away and PTP are the same, I'm pretty sure, and I like to imagine Shokora is the voice we hear in WL4. Plus, I like the idea of Wario's opponent being GandWatch::, especially with the concept of Week 6's in-game world being a false construct. That just yells WL4.

How would a Wario mod work for FNF: Edited sprite sheets from Wario Land 4 (commemorating both the game's and console's 20th anniversary) or pseudo-3d models of him recreating his poses from DDR Mario Mix?

おまえ とても 羨ましい、ワリオさん! OP 1

Used Google Translate to make that title up there. However, I was clever enough to notice a possible option for translating "greedy" that ALSO can translate to "enviable," "envious," and "desirable." I think we can agree that Wario is all 4 of these things.
How would a Wario mod work for FNF: Edited sprite sheets from Wario Land 4 (commemorating both the game's and console's 20th anniversary) or pseudo-3d models of him recreating his poses from DDR Mario Mix?
The former, probably, at least where Week 6 is concerned, although I like the idea of using the DDR poses. I've never played it or even really seen any gameplay from it, either, but for obvious reasons that'd be a really sweet reference. Once I was satisfied with all the possible sound design replacements I was gonna do, I was thinking about getting in touch with ShyGuy and asking him about sprite work. I would certainly try to implement the backgrounds and anything else that I believed I myself could make (including G-&-W sprite edits) before thinking to bother him, though. I definitely was going to need his help when it came time to make Wario's edits though, even before you put the idea of using the DDR poses out there.
Currently I'm thinking 1st phase Shokora would have the form of G&W, 2nd phase she uses the Item Shop transformations for her different poses (lips, dog, pteranodon) and in phase 3, Spirit killing Senpai by breaking out of his body would become Shokora being freed from the G&W form.

Xander Martin requested this one. It didn't seem overly time-consuming, so I took a stab at it.

I really do love the fact that this incredibly badass and Asian-sounding song actually is the theme song of Sponge running around in an upside-down meme maze while being a naked "worm man" in the game that has popularized it (Mario's Mystery Meat)

I wouldn't have thought I'd be posting this a second time, but late last month, THiN CRUST on Discord approached me with the idea of adding Wario vocals to the instrumental. He said that besides liking the instrumental, he also liked the way I handled the WL4 cover of Living with Wario 2, and wanted to see this song given the same treatment.

"This is great (...) That was great" - Charger342

Back