Share your latest acquisitions!

Carrot, I can't think of an interesting poll.

• Yes.

• No.

• Perhaps?

Results are only viewable after voting.
(lol double post)

I got my Sega Saturn mission stick today and I was dissapointed to find many of the entries on Sega Retro's "supported" list were fake. Unless Road Rash really does natively support it and you have to do something stupid and unintuitive with the controller ports. Dumber things have happened.

As for the controller itself: it does not feel *massively* precise, it has a short throw to my liking and it has a pretty big deadzone, so playing digital-only games feels worse than just using the regular controller. Also there are only three buttons on the stick itself and the rest of the buttons aren't entirely comfortable to reach, even after flipping the stick to match my degenerate left-handed lifestyle. But playing Wing Arms with it is certainly more fun so I guess it does its job.

Here's something I got in the mail today:
index.php

It's Princess Shokora from Wario Land 4!

She is hand made from some people from Setsuna & Haruka's Anime Shoppe, and I think she turned out really well!

I really like her!

(lol double post)

I got my Sega Saturn mission stick today and I was dissapointed to find many of the entries on Sega Retro's "supported" list were fake. Unless Road Rash really does natively support it and you have to do something stupid and unintuitive with the controller ports. Dumber things have happened.

As for the controller itself: it does not feel *massively* precise, it has a short throw to my liking and it has a pretty big deadzone, so playing digital-only games feels worse than just using the regular controller. Also there are only three buttons on the stick itself and the rest of the buttons aren't entirely comfortable to reach, even after flipping the stick to match my degenerate left-handed lifestyle. But playing Wing Arms with it is certainly more fun so I guess it does its job.

This comment reminds me why I hated the original (3-button) model Mega Drive controllers. Their cords were shorter than Tom Thumb's shoelaces, and if I'm rocking out to Boogerman, I can't even perform the "Booger!" taunt at a boss...

hqdefault.jpg

Yezz :

Thankfully I was a lot quicker on the draw with pre ordering this time around, so getting a hold of this sucker was nowhere near as much of a pain in the dick for me as the NES Classic Mini was.

It's a charming little novelty, even if it's just a shameless fan scam on Nintendo's part. The game line-up is mostly balanced, but talk about overplayed! All the games are common as muck and have been selling like hotcakes for over a decade on virtual console. Star Fox 2 is the only refreshing thing about it. Frankly, if you can't play classics like Rock 'N Roll Racing, Plok, or Blackhawk/Blackthorne on this thing, I see no point in shelling out free dough to the big N for a glorified emulator.

One little controversy... Why did Mario, Kirby, and Star Fox all get more than one game in the line-up, yet they didn't include DK Country 2 or 3? It goes without saying DKC2 is far more iconic/noteworthy than Kirby's Dream Course. Sheesh... Kirby Super Star has more than enough content in it, so why put Dream Course over DKC2?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 607
Oh, and for the first time in my life, I bought a copy of Mario Kart Wii : p I played it like five hours the day after I bought it (last friday), but havent played it since yet due to my new position having me work long hours. I pretty much come home, eat and go to bed atm : p Am not enjoying my new job, haha.

Your hair color is similar to mine I can say that much

Yeah, youve told us here on the forum about your hair before, after seeing your hair style in that reflection I noticed its similar to CMVs : p

Hes very good looking, so you have nothing to worry about, haha.

• Friendly
I'm so late on this. >.< But here we go! d:)
September 17th, I went to RetroVideoGameConZwolle. It was my first time at a video game convention, and it was a great experience!
I also bought a lot of stuff. :3

When I got in, I quickly found some stands for GB games. One had lots of interesting games; most with poor-quality stickers, but also very cheap. I actually had to put back some games, as I didn't want to buy too much right away, but I ended up taking three.
d89sjya.jpg

I was actually looking for this game. In August of 2016 (I actually looked up the post in this thread d:p), I came across the original, and I really liked it. I have since beat it (not 100%, though), and thought I'd pick up the second game in the series. I have only played this game once, to test it. The music's amazing, at least. I couldn't find out how to save, so I looked it up. It turns out you have to buy individual saves with special currency? That's kind of rough. d:p

UqdpCGI.jpg

I came across this last August too, when I ended up buying Astérix and Obélix and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon. I ended up getting it now, as I wondered how it would play. It's pretty nice, actually! It's got a password system in place, at least, so you don't have to finish it in one sitting, and so far it has been interesting. The game does seem too generous with extra lives, as even though I died a whole lot, I could still get quite far into the game on my first try.

Bt9FEsG.jpg

This was a great find. Of course I knew about this game, having read about it on this forum, but I hadn't seen it before. On the back this thing is priced €8, while elsewhere on the convention floors I found it for, if I recall correctly, €16. When I showed this to @Weario, he wanted to find it too, and ended up getting it for €7,50. However, as I found out later, I actually got mine for €5, not €8. The price on the back was probably from a previous seller. But hey, Weario's cartridge has probably not had its sticker taped. d:p

Then, on a stand near it, I saw this.
TZ3nXGG.jpg

I was immediately interested, as I've actually got this game. It was unpriced, but the stand owner told me I could have it for €1. Well, that was a no-brainer for me. d:p The book doesn't seem to be written in the best quality, but it's kind of interesting. And it is definitely 'Fully Illustrated': I feel like more of the book is taken up by screenshots than by text. d:p

Another game I was looking for was Sonic Advance. I have been wanting to play Sonic for a while, and I had heard the Sonic Advance series is quite good. And I found it!
ImNW35p.jpg

This is also the only game I got with its sticker in a really good state. d:p I've played this quite a lot so far, and I like it. Only, the boss of the 4th zone seems really, really hard to beat using Sonic. d:confused: I just keep drowning!

3XCjZfF.jpg

I looked this game up on YouTube after getting Astérix & Obélix. Someone said it was their favourite GBC platformer, so I decided I'd get it. I haven't played it too much yet, but it does seem interesting. What I don't get is why the PCB for this game is a lot smaller than usual, as you can see on the picture.

And the last game I was looking for, I had to go through a lot of stands for to find. But I got it eventually!
CNIksm1.jpg

I watched PkGam's 100% walkthrough of this game when he did it a couple of years ago, and I really enjoyed it! Ever since, this game has been on my wishlist, I think. I've played it for several hours already, and I'm enjoying it! d:)

Well, that's it for me, for now! This was by far the most gaming stuff I've bought in one day, ever... but it only cost me €28! d:D

Donkey Kong Land 2 is one of the best Game Boy remakes. It puts the technology of the Game Boy to its limits, and is a very enjoyable game, though there's a difficulty spike around Gloomy Gulch. If you played DKC 2 or DKL 1 you will definitely enjoy this game. And it's really cool that you could get your hands on Wario Blast: Featuring Bomberman! :wargrr:

Back