Share your latest acquisitions!

Carrot, I can't think of an interesting poll.

• Yes.

• No.

• Perhaps?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Donkey Kong Land 2 is one of the best Game Boy remakes. It puts the technology of the Game Boy to its limits, and is a very enjoyable game, though there's a difficulty spike around Gloomy Gulch. If you played DKC 2 or DKL 1 you will definitely enjoy this game. And it's really cool that you could get your hands on Wario Blast: Featuring Bomberman! :wargrr:
Sounds good!

I also just looked up the Rayman 2 guide on eBay, while updating my collection on http://folk.simpsite.nl/nintendo-collection. It's being offered twice, both for €20. d:p I felt like I was getting a very good deal there, and I think I was right. d;)

I got this some time ago, for Sinterklaas:
FaMkGDq.jpg

It's a nice addition to my collection, as I don't have any other GBA games with a motion sensor. It's quite a mediocre game, though, I think. The gameplay, while unique, is mediocre, and so are the graphics and the music. The story and character design is just bad, in my opinion.

FaMkGDq.jpg

It's a nice addition to my collection, as I don't have any other GBA games with a motion sensor. It's quite a mediocre game, though, I think. The gameplay, while unique, is mediocre, and so are the graphics and the music. The story and character design is just bad, in my opinion.

I just got Yoshi's Island for GBA yesterday.

FaMkGDq.jpg

I'll never understand why they didn't just call it Yoshi Topsy-Turvy worldwide. What an awkward mouthful for a simple, cute Yoshi game aimed at young kids.

Sorry that you only own one GBA game with motion sensor. I'm guessing it's because Europe never got WarioWare Twisted, which was a horrible, horrible thing to miss out on. Thankfully, it didn't apply to all PAL regions (we got it here in Australia), but you blokes were totally cheated. I always thought Twisted beat the pants off WarioWare Touched! Not only was it the biggest and boldest game in the series, it didn't require you to bash and scratch your screen to buggery and back.

Last edited:
Do pre-orders count? Maybe not, since I have no pictures to post, but I'm excited. I'm importing the Japanese Bayonetta Non-Stop Climax Edition. I just had to get the physical copy of Bayo 1 on Switch.

Do pre-orders count? Maybe not, since I have no pictures to post, but I'm excited. I'm importing the Japanese Bayonetta Non-Stop Climax Edition. I just had to get the physical copy of Bayo 1 on Switch.

I want to see Bayo 1 ported to the 3DS next.

I'll never understand why they didn't just call it Yoshi Topsy-Turvy worldwide. What an awkward mouthful for a simple, cute Yoshi game aimed at young kids.

Sorry that you only own one GBA game with motion sensor. I'm guessing it's because Europe never got WarioWare Twisted, which was a horrible, horrible thing to miss out on. Thankfully, it didn't apply to all PAL regions (we got it here in Australia), but you blokes were totally cheated. I always thought Twisted beat the pants off WarioWare Touched! Not only was it the biggest and boldest game in the series, it didn't require you to bash and scratch your screen to buggery and back.
I'm not a fan of the European title either.
The GBA isn't region locked, so why would it be an issue nowadays? You can easily import, I assume.

WpKZRpN.jpg

That's quite some stuff...
My uncle gave their collection to me. His kids only play Xbox 360 nowadays.
The three GBA SP's are all frontlit. I'll give the middle one to my sister, in exchange for a backlit SP with broken shoulder button, which I might be able to get fixed.
My brother can use the left or the right one if he wants to, but they'll stay mine. He hardly has any games, anyway (I'll try to give him the ones he used to own again, and any doubles. He can try to play my bootlegs as well, but most don't save (which isn't an issue for password-based games, of course)).
So yeah. d:) Most of these games are mediocre at best, and most of them I've played before. I'm looking forward to finishing Disney Princess Royal Adventure, but my sister wants to play it first, I think. It's also nice to get a non-bootleg version of The Spongebob Squarepants Movie. My cousins said Open Season is a fun game as well.
So yeah, a nice addition to my collection.
Two games I'm still missing: they used to have Mario vs. Donkey Kong, but they lost it. They might once find it back, I hope. They also had Rayman 10th Anniversary Edition, which actually was in the bunch this morning... but now I haven't got it. I guess I missed it while putting the games into my pouch.

WpKZRpN.jpg

The three GBA SP's are all frontlit. I'll give the middle one to my sister, in exchange for a backlit SP with broken shoulder button, which I might be able to get fixed.
My brother can use the left or the right one if he wants to, but they'll stay mine. He hardly has any games, anyway (I'll try to give him the ones he used to own again, and any doubles. He can try to play my bootlegs as well, but most don't save (which isn't an issue for password-based games, of course)).
So yeah. d:) Most of these games are mediocre at best, and most of them I've played before. I'm looking forward to finishing Disney Princess Royal Adventure, but my sister wants to play it first, I think. It's also nice to get a non-bootleg version of The Spongebob Squarepants Movie. My cousins said Open Season is a fun game as well.
Two games I'm still missing: they used to have Mario vs. Donkey Kong, but they lost it. They might once find it back, I hope. They also had Rayman 10th Anniversary Edition, which actually was in the bunch this morning... but now I haven't got it. I guess I missed it while putting the games into my pouch.

Holy crap that's a lot of stuff! I see you have a lot of movie games. I have only ever played the Finding Nemo game (which came combined with The Incredibles) and I remember how much fun I had with these as a kid. The Woody Woodpecker one looks great.

Reactions: 607
WpKZRpN.jpg

Woody Woodpecker in Crazy Castle 5?? Geeze, Kemco really shoveled those Crazy Castle games out for the GB systems. Usually they starred Bugs Bunny, but they had other versions with Mickey Mouse sprites instead. Kemco were so bloody lazy with a lot of their handheld titles. I mean, I love plenty of half-baked games, but crikey...

0NlYAFk.jpg

I can't even play it, as I don't have a Super Famicom... but when someone presented the idea to me of buying one of these from eBay, I really wanted to do so. d;) It looks nice on my shelf!
And I have now downloaded the ROM, to play on my Wii. d:) It actually feels surprisingly good, even on emulator (I am an expert at the GBA version).

3973_front.jpg

Must i say more??

Just a designer nitpicking, but I've always hated how some territories would alter game covers for the worse, by shrinking the box art and sloppily placing everything around it (the one above has two sets of N64 logos!) It looks far less appealing/professional on the retail shelf, with all that negative space surrounding a shrunken cutout of the actual cover. Makes it look like a shoddy ex-rental copy, with the cover tacked on.

Here's an even worse example. A classic British game/cover ruined for no good reason. It spoils the whole retail effect of the pretty cover art/consumer interest...

46784_front.jpg

Thankfully they didn't do that with the AUS PAL GoldenEye 007 down here...

451538-goldeneye-007-nintendo-64-front-cover.jpg

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 607
Back