Shin Megami Tensei Thread

I've seen a lot of these fan threads on here so I decided to make the Shin Megami Tensei thread. I honestly love these games and to my knowledge, I may be the biggest SMT fan here. I'm honestly not expecting anyone to reply on this anyway. One of the coolest things about the series is that it's very roots were with Nintendo and you can play a few on the 3DS as well!

My first experience was with SMTIV and after that I was hooked. I finally had found something I liked more than pokemon. It's something about making choices and being chosen to create your own path, I have found quite enjoyable. I always liked dungeon crawlers too. Demon fusion can keep me occupied for a long time!
I own over half the games and I play them daily.
smtiv_flynn_thumb.png

So, I wonder if we have any other SMT fans on the wario forums? (probably not)

I really like the SMT games. Nocturne in particular is one of my favorite RPG's and games in general.

Strange Journey is up there as well, although I might wait a bit before getting Redux.

I never even heard of the series until I won SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked in a giveaway on a certain gaming forum when it came on sale. It's really good but I wish there was a multiplayer aspect not that I didn't like the experience. It's a one of a kind game that I didn't expect could exist and it boggles my mind how they made the game beatable as you really need to know what the game is doing if you want to beat each battle on a variety of locations and the battling is more in depth especially in a strategy RPG genre.

I haven't played the other ones but I think when you play one you get the same experience from the other games since some attacks have the same names and the demons are used in other games too.

Oh yeah and the Devil Survivor 2 Animated series is lit.

The early ones look neat. I started on SMT1 but got up to the point post nuclear war when I finally ragequitted because I couldn't stand any more of those damn first person mazes. This is coming from someone who beat Phantasy Star 2 which has maps like this.

I bought SMT: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker for $9.99 through here:
Cyber Deals - Nintendo Holiday Gift Guide 2018
And it's not that old of a game so I consider it a good deal. Just letting you know in case you are interested in the series. I kinda like collecting games that are part of a small series like this one so I can enjoy it as a whole.

Back