Should Warioware get the short animation treatment?

TB100

What you see is what you get, just a guy...
Ever since the 3DS/Wii U Era, Nintendo has been making various short animations both by themselves and with other anime companies such as Shaft, I.G Productions, Wit Studios, and 3C studios, various examples of Nintendo ips getting short animations include.

• Kid Icarus Uprising
  • Pikmin 3
  • StarFox Zero
  • Super Smash Bros. (Via the character trailers.)
  • Yoshi's Wooly World
  • Pokemon (Via Origins and Generations.) Not sure if this counts though considering Pokemon is mostly seen as it's own thing despite being partially owned by Nintendo.
These are all Nintendo IPs that have gotten their own web animations.

Now what's say a new Warioware game does get announced for the Switch. Or a new Warioware game ends up coming to the 3DS.
Do you want Nintendo to do Warioware like they had been with the above franchises? Basically short animations to promote the series.
Now I know wario is definitely not new to animation, thanks to Shake it, and Warioware's colorful cast of characters would definitely make a series of shorts or one short film work. Like let's say there's a short each focusing on a different character every week, like one would star Wario, and another one would star Mona. And they'll be focused on their day to day lifes and the interactions they make with the others.
Would this be something Nintendo should do for Warioware? Not only would it make the games sell better. But it'll also attract newcomers to the Warioware franchise and give characters like Penny and Young Cricket some actual development. What do you think, should Warioware get the short animation treatment or nada?

Hit it off in the comments below.

Last edited:
I think WarioWare cutscenes are perfect for thiose short toons between commercials. I've heard nintendo is working with universal and nick. If its true i think that's exactly what should happen with WarioWare.

I'd rather Ashley have her own stand alone short animation(s), as she's probably the most interesting (Not counting Wario, he can have his own stand alone animation.)

Back