[Site] - "Wario Land Land"

nayrran

Legendary Thief
Wario Land Land – News   Updates.png
It's a ''wiki-like'' site about Wario Land & Wario Ware made by J. J. W. Mezun
Sadly, the creator seem to give up on it.

I knew about this site. Unfortunately, the creator of it never responded to my calls about a potential partnership or merge with Wario Weekly, and then apparently abandoned the site later on.

On another interesting note, I remember JJ W Mezun from somewhere else. Namely, I remember him making a bunch of Wario themed stuff for Super Mario World ROM hacks;

http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=profile&id=13101

He made a game called The Legend of the Four Switches, which had a fair bit of Wario Land content in it:

http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=viewthread&t=50677

http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=viewthread&t=42604

LOTFS_00073.png

LOTFS_00112.png

LOTFS_00113.png

LOTFSv2_00118.png

Unfortunately, the game kept getting removed for various minor reasons (some of which were as hilariously pointless as 'useless message boxes'), so he gave up and went off to start Wario Land Land.

It's a pity that he abandoned the site and his other projects, I really wanted him to go further about it.
But maybe it was kinda hard for him since he created & developed the site alone (I think) and he just give up on it.

If he contact you (by pure chance), it would great to see the site recovering & doing a partnership on Wario Weekly.

I'd definitely work with him if he was up for a partnership with Wario Weekly and his site, with these forums as the community section.

But I can see why he gave up, unfortunately. Getting a Wario site to succeed is very, very difficult. The fanbase online is so fractured and so small (in comparison to those for other Nintendo and gaming franchises) that you need a lot of determination to overcome the odds and make your site a success. And that's just too much for even some of the most dedicated fans. This site for example, will keep going for just about ever in an attempt to build up a proper Wario fanbase. But that's likely to take years. Or even decades. Put it simply, this site is going to have to be around at least as long as The Mushroom Kingdom or DK Vine in order to succeed.

And most people just don't have that amount of determination. Being motivated to keep running a website is hard enough when it's active and popular, and for Wario Land Land... I'm assuming its activity was probably within the region of single digit visitorr counts. It was a good site, it made a good start, but... it would have taken a long, long time to make it popular, and you'd need an awful lot of motivation to keep working on it until then.

I'd definitely work with him if he was up for a partnership with Wario Weekly and his site, with these forums as the community section.

Have you tried to talk to him on his Twitter account?

But I can see why he gave up, unfortunately. Getting a Wario site to succeed is very, very difficult. The fanbase online is so fractured and so small (in comparison to those for other Nintendo and gaming franchises) that you need a lot of determination to overcome the odds and make your site a success. And that's just too much for even some of the most dedicated fans. This site for example, will keep going for just about ever in an attempt to build up a proper Wario fanbase. But that's likely to take years. Or even decades. Put it simply, this site is going to have to be around at least as long as The Mushroom Kingdom or DK Vine in order to succeed.

And most people just don't have that amount of determination. Being motivated to keep running a website is hard enough when it's active and popular, and for Wario Land Land... I'm assuming its activity was probably within the region of single digit visitorr counts. It was a good site, it made a good start, but... it would have taken a long, long time to make it popular, and you'd need an awful lot of motivation to keep working on it until then.

Yeah, without anybody to give him some help on the site and encouragements/compliments from Wario fans and non-Wario fans on that time, he simply give up.
It could be a excellent "wiki-like" site for Wario...

Wario Land Land is an awesome site.
It's sad that the creator his given up on iy thoguht. And I tryed contacting him via his twitter account, but nothing happened.

I love his Wario Land 3 level analysises, and I would have loved if he did the same with 2 and 4. Well, we already have a great book on 4, but still...

Yeah, I like the site. Too bad it isn't worked on anymore indeed, but I'm happy that it is at least still in the air. Alsco, CM30, what is the mushroom kingdom site you're talking about?

Last edited:
Back