[Fan Content] Smash Series Icons

Koopaul

Yes. I'm that Koopaul.
I tried doing something like this before but only went so far. This time I hope to create a Smash icon for every Nintendo series/stand-alone titles listed on the Nintendo Database website! Possibly even more considering the site doesn't list Wario series or Yoshi series in it's own category.

advancewars_zpsvpaqtvb8.png
Advance Wars
alleyway_zpscxkc2rih.png
Alleyway
andkensaku_zpsdltxcx0h.png
And-Kensaku
animalcrossing_zpssgpfyxat.png
Animal Crossing
anothercode_zpsxew7bvag.png
Another Code
aquaspace_zpshzqdk0lt.png
AquaSpace
archaicsealedheat_zpseyedy9ju.png
Archaic Sealed Heat
argames_zpsxlz3vbbv.png
AR Games
artacademy_zpsg8covpn2.png
Art Academy
artstyle_zpso0fq90pe.png
Art Style
atsumeruegaocho_zpsvoqphyrg.png
Atsumeru Egaochō
auraauraclimber_zpsepwmpsoh.png
Aura-Aura Climber
backgammon_zpsvy28e9va.png
Backgammon
balloonfight_zpswcxsqhyn.png
Balloon Fight
barkerbillstrickshooting_zpslqepqtri.png
Barker Bill's Trick Shooting
baseball_zpsgnd88ge4.png
Baseball
bassfishingno1_zpsidozx5cz.png
Bass Fishing No. 1
battleclash_zpswekkbkmf.png
BattleClash
bigbrainacademy_zps8mvhsry5.png
Big Brain Academy
bonsaibarber_zpsjinjioxu.png
Bonsai Barber
brainage_zpsu6t7afwd.png
Brain Age

Last edited:
When in doubt...

StreetFighterSymbol.svg
FinalFantasySymbol.svg

But seriously, I think the wrench from the Advance Wars logos would work for it. Either that, or a regular tank.

Yeah the wrench might work. I've seen other people use it. I'm not too knowledgeable on the series so I was wondering if there was something better.

Don't get too hung up on trying to find "iconic" symbols since some of these games aren't iconic themselves.

For Advance Wars you could do a sprite of the soldier giving a salute like they do when you take city/base/whatever since it is in the game and in my mind i would say it is iconic. to me it is the most memorable soldier sprite.

Never really understood why some of their icons in smash were random such as Megaman icon. His icon is a gear which is kind of funny since I'm not sure where it's incorporated in his game, it'd make more sense to that he'd get an e-tank or a 1-life face of his. Well It's not too important really, creating a custom icon for a golden sun series would be a neat idea.

for Advance Wars, I'd picture a sideway view of the tank sprite. It's not a "logo" per say, but it's a pretty iconic grafx of the series, no?

If you happen to take ideas I sorta have been trying to think of what the icon for the Giana Sisters franchise would be... Third party of course. But for games starting with A... I got nuthin'. Looking good so far though.

Never really understood why some of their icons in smash were random such as Megaman icon. His icon is a gear which is kind of funny since I'm not sure where it's incorporated in his game, it'd make more sense to that he'd get an e-tank or a 1-life face of his.
Well, as it turns out...

F3M74MD.png

It hadn't dawned on me until now that some of you guys don't seem to be using the term "iconic" right.

Never got why everyone has to turn everything into a popularity contest.

Hey nerds! I've been pretty busy with babies and stuff. But look! There's been an update to the first post. Yes! I finally started "B" with Baseball, Bass Fishing No. 1, and Big Brain Academy!

Hey dorks and losers, I bring you good news! I finally finished "B"... Some of them didn't turn out as well as I wanted. Particularly Backgammon and BattleClash. What? I had nothing to work with!

Anyway, "C" looks easier.

Back