So I'm thinking of setting up a forum...

SurrealBrain

I like Amitie.
...just one problem. I've never actually moderated one before. I'm already setting up one, but given its about ShiftyLook's webcomics, and I'm trying to make sure they get properly preserved so I can make links to them (since I've saved many of them, and the site they originated from is dead), it'll be a while before I can even call it ready. It's probably too ambitious for a total newbie like me.

So I was thinking of doing something a bit simpler, you know, to get the hang of things. My thought is a forum dedicated specifically to WarioWare. Yes, we have this forum, but something a bit more specific. This isn't to criticize this forum, more to make another place to discuss the series, since the world is severely lacking in those, and I'd like to see what I can do to make sure it gets more of them.

If not, though, I'll see what other fandom needs more love than it gets. I'm sure I'm into something so few others are.

What do you think? Should I do it?

I wish there was a "sad" rating (that was neutral instead of negative). Unfortunately, I agree with Glowsquid in that this forum is already small enough, but on the other hand I really wish there were enough fans to make a large WarioWare forum. And if you're really enthusiastic about making one (even if it's also small), it'd at least serve as some sort of friendly gathering.

My eventual plan is to grow the Wario fanbase to the point that multiple fan sites and forums are possible, without activity being adversely affected on them.

Like how Mario and Zelda and Pokemon have hundreds of fan sites and forums. I want that sort of booming online fandom for the Wario franchise, WarioWare included. That way, people can discuss it or Land alone if that's what they want, all Wario games if they prefer that, etc.

Unfortunately... it's not feasible yet. Too few people on this site and in the Wario fandom in general, to the point that we don't have the activity to support more than one forum.

All fair points. In the event that there is enough fans to support more than one site, I'll be sure to keep it in mind. I'm sure I can still find something else to make a forum of in the meantime.

Until then, I still plan on continuing my personal project of preserving ShiftyLook webcomics and making a new place to discuss ShiftyLook in general (and not just a few of the webcomics). Just think it's a bit ambitious for me, but I already started, might as well finish as much as I can.

I already picked a place to host one forum, but in the event I find something else to make a forum of, what would you suggest?

Last edited:
Just created a Guardians of the Galaxy forum. It's bland now, but with some help, I might be able to make it at least decent. It was made because I had trouble finding a traditional GotG forum to speak of.

It's here, if you want to tell me how to improve.

It's looking sober (which is good), but my very obvious first suggestion is to add more to the layout. Banner, icons, etc. Anyway, I hope it works for you.

There is a Mario Party forum:

http://mariopartylegacy.com/forum/

There's also a large German site about the series somewhere.

As for SurrealBrain's Guardians of the Galaxy forum... it's a nice concept, and I love the movie... but the forum seems rather plain and boring at the moment. Dull colour scheme, few icons or pictures, nothing really unique...

You need to add a bit more to it. Some more content too, you need at least ten or so posts a day starting out.

I need to say something.

I've started taking my medication...and boy, it opened my eyes. It made me realize that I needed to get my life together. The forum was a bad idea...too bad I didn't realize that sooner.

Been off for a week, thinking things over, and figured I'd at least start. Been shoveling snow, and I decided to draw a picture as a way of feeling better about myself. Still looking for a job, but I have an interview Tuesday.

It's opened already, though, so what should I do with it? Try to spruce it up, or close it for now? I still need to get stuff together.

Last edited:
Uhh... analyze your time schedule, pick your priorities, and see if you have interest/enthusiasm in continuing it. Choose whatever will make you feel better.

Back