[Super Mario Bros] How i interpeted it as a kid

So... Apparently the Super Mario Bros levels with the black background are suppose to be night levels?
That is NOT what i thought as a kid!
I thought, Mario was really high up in the mountains, so high that this is where the sky stops being blue, and starts becoming black, like in space.

Also, i never noticed that the pipes and the little background trees are a different shade of green in different worlds... (compare 4-1 and 5-1)... But... Apparently, gamers think of these levels as ice/snow levels? And that World 6-3 is an ice/slow level?
Ok, in 6-3, i noticed the white colors. But i just assumed it was a different color for no reason, and called this level "Paled Trees"

That's just weird how my mind worked completly differently from other people.
Am i the only one who thought things were like this?

Well that "Paled Trees" theory seems understandable since in TTYD Chapter 2 takes place in the monochrome woods. That and it looks awesome (just like the 1-3 level has mushroom texturing to make it look great and like your on top of a Mushroom forest of some sort idk). ALso there should be a special difference between the Lost Levels and the original since the clouds have faces in the first level rather than having them not. Maybe it's supposed to be the lighting because outside of Bowser's Castle is brown but inside is always grey with a black background. Idk, whatever it is it doesn't matter because it's video game logic and it can be whatever it wants to be because it doesn't matter.

Back