Super Mario Run

Magma

Oldhead
Diamond City Leader
thoughts???????????????
opinions????????????????
I don't care about it at all but I'm glad to see Toadette in it.

I don't care about it at all but I'm glad to see Toadette in it.

Unfortunately, despite Nintendo’s history and reputation, Super Mario Run is not a family-friendly game — or at least not one my wife and I will be letting our 6-year-old daughter play. The game is rife with stale, retrograde gender stereotypes — elements that were perhaps expected in 1985, when the first Super Mario Bros. was released in the United States, but that today are just embarrassing. The game also includes a second female character, Toadette, whose job is to wave a flag before and after a race, like a character from “Grease.”

@Magma Same. She's supposed to be the hardest to unlock, but I'll go through the effort to unlock her regardless since she's much cooler.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, despite Nintendo’s history and reputation, Super Mario Run is not a family-friendly game — or at least not one my wife and I will be letting our 6-year-old daughter play. The game is rife with stale, retrograde gender stereotypes — elements that were perhaps expected in 1985, when the first Super Mario Bros. was released in the United States, but that today are just embarrassing. The game also includes a second female character, Toadette, whose job is to wave a flag before and after a race, like a character from “Grease.”
Who the actual hell thinks that?

Back